[TV] BBC Spend £87 MILLION To Rebuild Set Of Eastenders

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Given the shambolic, cataclysmic, nation-crippling political SHITSTORM engulfing Parliament right now, is it just me who finds the notion of the BBC currently being held to account by a group of MP's borderline offensive ?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Good on them.

EastEnders is a national treasure and needs to keep up its high standards for the loyal millions who watch it.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
In the interests of balance, there must be an Eastenders message board somewhere bemoaning the £200 million the BBC paid for Match Of The Day. Imagine the set they could have had for THAT kind of money?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
In the interests of balance, there must be an Eastenders message board somewhere bemoaning the £200 million the BBC paid for Match Of The Day. Imagine the set they could have had for THAT kind of money?

That could've paid for a washing machine, alcoholics anonymous meetings and a landline phone for all the Walford residents.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The BBC have consistently produced the best natural history programmes in the world, as well as The Thick of It, and Alan Partridge.

As far as I'm concerned they can spaff whatever they want on shite like EastEnders and MBB, as long as they continue with output like that.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They should be LUZZING all their money for Greg Wallace and more Inside the Factory.

"So Greg, we actually produce 20 million individual crisps each day"
"ARE YOU TELLING ME YOU SHIFT 20 MILLION CRISPS A DAY!?"
"That's right Greg"

That show is my guilty pleasure ..... partly asisted by me rather liking Cherry :wink:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
BBC Spend £87 MILLION To Rebuild Set Of Eastenders
FFS BBC you over-entitled divs. Crap like this that makes the licence fee increasingly indefensible. Sake!

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...-criticised-for-87m-cost-of-new-albert-square

Thank God for that - I've been boycotting this programme until they finally update the sets so, at last, i can start watching this show once again. ......................................................................................................................................................Said no one ever!!!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'd prefer a world nuclear war with Walford square being the point where most of the bombs land guaranteeing the end of Eastenders.
Saying that, I bet a few of the characters would still somehow come back to life after the explosion

You can see it now, nuclear blast and shock wave comes crashing into the Queen Vic and Barbara Windsor's standing behind the bar shouting "Get outta my pub!" at which point the blast beats a hasty retreat, saving all the regulars

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
You can see it now, nuclear blast and shock wave comes crashing into the Queen Vic and Barbara Windsor's standing behind the bar shouting "Get outta my pub!" at which point the blast beats a hasty retreat, saving all the regulars

Turns out the blast had been carrying Robbie Jackson's future baby.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
They need to build a stadium for Walford FC and their push for the Champions League, all they need is some derelict land in London big enough to house it. Somewhere around SE25 would be ideal.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Shameful that the BBC can splash the cash from the magic money tree while trying to chisel pensioners out of free telly licences. Rip-off Britain at its best/worst.

Yeah but you do know that Eastenders is sold all round the world and is a top revenue earner for the BBC? Funnily enough I know the bloke who does the subtitles for Eastenders on Swedish TV.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
When you say the BBC have spent £87 million, you actually mean WE have spent £87 million. Absolute F*cking disgrace but once again no one is accountable

What about the huge revenue it makes in sales all around the world?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
What about the huge revenue it makes in sales all around the world?

The typical remark of a lefty, snowflake, liberal elite, trendy, remoaner. My daily newspaper told me to be OUTRAGED at the use of my licence fee, so no amount of logic is going to stop me feeling like they've told me to.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
They should be LUZZING all their money for Greg Wallace and more Inside the Factory.

"So Greg, we actually produce 20 million individual crisps each day"
"ARE YOU TELLING ME YOU SHIFT 20 MILLION CRISPS A DAY!?"
"That's right Greg"
Last episode of Greg Wallace doing Inside the Factory tonight. Best of luck to new host Paddy McGuinness, those are big boots to fill.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Last episode of Greg Wallace doing Inside the Factory tonight. Best of luck to new host Paddy McGuinness, those are big boots to fill.
So, they're replacing a slightly annoying shouty bloke with a very annoying and almost unwatchable shouty bloke. Do they just bring in Paddy when they want to kill off a show?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I suppose the set does need an upgrade, seeing it still resembles the east end of London during the blitz.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
So, they're replacing a slightly annoying shouty bloke with a very annoying and almost unwatchable shouty bloke. Do they just bring in Paddy when they want to kill off a show?
I better not tell you McGuinness is fronting the revamped Bullseye then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here