Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Plumbing help

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Can anyone recommend a good plumber for the BN2 area I've tried several who've proved either impossible to contact or who are "one conversation wonders" but to no avail!! I know previous plumbing posts on NSC have praised the work of Wrong Direction but I am unable to pm/contact him so ... Wrong Direction or anyone ... any recommendations?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Can anyone recommend a good plumber for the BN2 area I've tried several who've proved either impossible to contact or who are "one conversation wonders" but to no avail!! I know previous plumbing posts on NSC have praised the work of Wrong Direction but I am unable to pm/contact him so ... Wrong Direction or anyone ... any recommendations?

Wrong Direction made a post on the other plumbing thread about 10 minutes ago

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
PM'D
If you're unable to message back just post on here what you're after

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Thanks - the problem is as follows:

My wife has gone and bought an Adobe "Pronteau" wonder tap which does everything inluding making cups of coffee, cleaning the kitchen floor and wiping my arse. The problem is that we have a water softening system installed which affects all the water systems in the house including the kitchen tap. The drinking water is ugghhh as a consequence so we have decided either to bypass the softening system for the kitchen tap only or to sacrifice the water softening system completely and link all the systems directly back up to the mains supply before installing the wonder tap. Hence we are looking for a good plumber who can advise the best course of action and do the work re the water softener + install the wonder tap (to include the use of aloe vera soft wipes for the most important function!!).

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

My wife has gone and bought an Adobe "Pronteau" wonder tap which does everything inluding making cups of coffee, cleaning the kitchen floor and wiping my arse. The problem is that we have a water softening system installed which affects all the water systems in the house including the kitchen tap. The drinking water is ugghhh as a consequence so we have decided either to bypass the softening system for the kitchen tap only or to sacrifice the water softening system completely and link all the systems directly back up to the mains supply before installing the wonder tap. Hence we are looking for a good plumber who can advise the best course of action and do the work re the water softener + install the wonder tap (to include the use of aloe vera soft wipes for the most important function!!).

You have just put off the majority of NSC's plumbers. :moo:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Can now see why all the other plumbers you contacted weren’t interested:lolol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

I could probably help you out if it was a normal tap but in this case I recommend getting the manufacturers installers involved, could end up being quite a costly desicion your misses made fella [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I could probably help you out if it was a normal tap but in this case I recommend getting the manufacturers installers involved, could end up being quite a costly desicion your misses made fella [emoji106]

Yeah I realose this - but what about the first bit re the water softener?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If the softener is making the water taste funny then you could bypass it, but then you run the risk of the little boiler scaling up. However if it's filtered it might taste better. I've not fitted one before so you're better off getting advice from the manufacturer[emoji106]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The softened water will actually help prevent your fancy tap scaling up, so there is an advantage to it being softened. However drinking entirely softened water isn't considered to be healthy (although world health organisation reports vary), but you could consider your fancy tap connected to softened, then install a drinking water tap next to it. We got round this as our fridge dispenses water, so we made the water to the feed normal mains water, and softened water went to the kitchen tap (Quooker in our case).

drinking-water-filter-system-tap-sus304-stainless.jpg

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The softened water will actually help prevent your fancy tap scaling up, so there is an advantage to it being softened. However drinking entirely softened water isn't considered to be healthy (although world health organisation reports vary), but you could consider your fancy tap connected to softened, then install a drinking water tap next to it. We got round this as our fridge dispenses water, so we made the water to the feed normal mains water, and softened water went to the kitchen tap (Quooker in our case).

drinking-water-filter-system-tap-sus304-stainless.jpg

Hi, that's helpful - who did the plumbing?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I trust there’s no lead piping in your water supply after the softener?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If he can afford one of those fancy expensive taps I would hope he also hasn't got 70 year old pipes in his home :)

You’d think so - but my situation may put the lie to that assumption. Three years ago I bought a new place, and looked at putting a softener in. From where the supply enters the property there’s a minimum of 24m of run to my kitchen sink. I know for sure that at least 2 x 1m sections of that run are lead. I’m guessing it all is. At least half of the run is under a solid floor. Rather than dig up the floor for 24m, I did without a softener.

I don’t suppose there’s a simpler solution that I didn’t consider?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
You’d think so - but my situation may put the lie to that assumption. Three years ago I bought a new place, and looked at putting a softener in. From where the supply enters the property there’s a minimum of 24m of run to my kitchen sink. I know for sure that at least 2 x 1m sections of that run are lead. I’m guessing it all is. At least half of the run is under a solid floor. Rather than dig up the floor for 24m, I did without a softener.

I don’t suppose there’s a simpler solution that I didn’t consider?

Move :moo:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here