Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs v Palace new stadium opening not on TV

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
On that note, we have 176k members (as well as 42.4k STs) and only 7k tickets available to them so a potential 169k will miss out & therefore have no way of seeing the first game at the new stadium (other than moody streams of course).

Presumably these hordes also miss all your other games too, including the ones held for years in your 36k capacity old stadium, so I'm sure they're used to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On that note, we have 176k members (as well as 42.4k STs) and only 7k tickets available to them so a potential 169k will miss out & therefore have no way of seeing the first game at the new stadium (other than moody streams of course).

Build a new ground and get 176k paying up to be members? Hope Paul Barber doesn't get wind of this.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Haha.. I find that pretty funny.

Poor old Spurs fans, laboring under the delusion that THEIR big day, was actually A big day for football in general.

Obviously the ones that are miffed are the 30k that RAMMED Wembley EVERY game that now can’t get into their $1bn WONDER HOME [Americana style superlatives seem more appropriate given the NFL connection] and wanted to watch it on tv instead.

It’s dragged on so long now that literally no one gives a shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Presumably these hordes also miss all your other games too, including the ones held for years in your 36k capacity old stadium, so I'm sure they're used to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

125k of them will be JCLs & tourists trying to get CL tickets. Most of them will disappear if we don't make top 4.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Build a new ground and get 176k paying up to be members? Hope Paul Barber doesn't get wind of this.

176k members at £50 a pop with 169k unlikely to get a ticket....free money for Mr Levy.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Obviously the ones that are miffed are the 30k that RAMMED Wembley EVERY game that now can’t get into their $1bn WONDER HOME [Americana style superlatives seem more appropriate given the NFL connection] and wanted to watch it on tv instead.

It’s dragged on so long now that literally no one gives a shit.

I could tell that from the your ticket fiasco thread yesterday. The apathy was palpable.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I could tell that from the your ticket fiasco thread yesterday. The apathy was palpable.

Two very different scenarios.

One a team having had to wait approx 36 years for a game of such magnitude and importance to OUR fan base, the other a team who’ve been sold down the river and forced to wait an additional year for something they’re going to pay through the nose for in ticket prices that literally everyone else in football is bored of....

But you hang on to that.

You moving to a ‘new ground’ in the same place that’s still a dog’s dinner to get to is not media worthy clearly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have they got the safety certificate now then ?

Didn't notice word of any ramp-up events there.

N17

Jun 21, 2011

One a team having had to wait approx 36 years for a game of such magnitude and importance to OUR fan base, the other a team who’ve been sold down the river and forced to wait an additional year for something they’re going to pay through the nose for in ticket prices that literally everyone else in football is bored of....

But you hang on to that.

You moving to a ‘new ground’ in the same place that’s still a dog’s dinner to get to is not media worthy clearly.

But I thought you said 'literally no one gives a shit'?

So that was a bit of an exaggeration as you also said you have been waiting 36 years for 'a game of such magnitude'.

All a bit contradictory.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Ah. So these opening fixtures are still subject to the test events running smoothly then.

I'm sure it'll be fine, its not like there's been many issues with it so far.

Literally no-one is interested apparently so all a bit academic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Literally no-one is interested apparently so all a bit academic.

Well the council will be interested, as they won't issue a safety certificate unless these events pass off safely. I assume one of them is a half-capacity jobbie so you'll need 30k+ attending. Which given the low prices and the curiosity value, they shouldn't have trouble shifting tickets for.

I expect there'll be some clammy palms at chez Levy while these events are on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

But you hang on to that.

But I thought you said 'literally no one gives a shit'?

So that was a bit of an exaggeration as you also said you have been waiting 36 years for 'a game of such magnitude'.

All a bit contradictory.

Allow me to resolve this little spat.
[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] - [MENTION=19954]N17[/MENTION] is talking about our game at the new Lane, NOT the cup semi final.

You're welcome.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
176k members at £50 a pop with 169k unlikely to get a ticket....free money for Mr Levy.

Are the numbers of current members common knowledge to anyone thinking about becoming a member, for the chance of a match ticket? If I knew I'd be competing with 176k, I'd keep my £50!

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Allow me to resolve this little spat.
[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] - [MENTION=19954]N17[/MENTION] is talking about our game at the new Lane, NOT the cup semi final.

You're welcome.

Good spot! I thought I was answering questions about the subject heading. Not sure how the leap was made to the FA cup semi in which I wish you all the best.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Are the numbers of current members common knowledge to anyone thinking about becoming a member, for the chance of a match ticket? If I knew I'd be competing with 176k, I'd keep my £50!

Yes mate. On the official site under 'ticketing points'.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Well the council will be interested, as they won't issue a safety certificate unless these events pass off safely. I assume one of them is a half-capacity jobbie so you'll need 30k+ attending. Which given the low prices and the curiosity value, they shouldn't have trouble shifting tickets for.

I expect there'll be some clammy palms at chez Levy while these events are on.

30k on Sunday and 45k the following Saturday. I agree about squeeky bum time though....as far as I am aware there is no plan B.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes mate. On the official site under 'ticketing points'.

Amazing.

Is membership an annual fee, rather than a one off? £8.8m pounds a year for literally NOTHING.

No wonder Levy earns the big bucks :mad:

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Amazing.

Is membership an annual fee, rather than a one off? £8.8m pounds a year for literally NOTHING.

No wonder Levy earns the big bucks :mad:

Annual mate. My ST went up 91% between Wembley and the new stadium. A couple of bad seasons and we will be back to 40k crowds at those prices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here