Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs v Palace new stadium opening not on TV

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In the UK, at least.

Sky Sports is showing Man City v Cardiff that night.

Needless to say, Spuds fans aren't happy!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In the UK, at least.

Sky Sports is showing Man City v Cardiff that night.

Needless to say, Spuds fans aren't happy!

Haha.. I find that pretty funny.

Poor old Spurs fans, laboring under the delusion that THEIR big day, was actually A big day for football in general.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spurs should probably delay the opening until they play a big club.

Wow that'll get'um going, this post will be trampled on by the hoards of incoming palace fans, who frequent this establishment..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
An element of the visiting support have, shall we say, a reputation for trying to make themselves the centre of attention.

Sensible decision to deny them that opportunity.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
An element of the visiting support have, shall we say, a reputation for trying to make themselves the centre of attention.

Sensible decision to deny them that opportunity.

But which end will their ultras sit in now that's the real question? Now that their first team's stadium is open surely they'll return back to spurs?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I'm sure I read that our game at Spurs has retained it's Sky broadcast rights even tho it has moved to a 7:45 KO on Tuesday 23rd April

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm sure I read that our game at Spurs has retained it's Sky broadcast rights even tho it has moved to a 7:45 KO on Tuesday 23rd April

Indeed, seems to be the case.

spudz.JPG

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Personally i couldn't give a flying if it is on TV or not. I will be at the game.

I'm not sure saying Spurs fans 'aren't happy' is particularly accurate though. More like a 'bit surprised' although i appreciate social media types prefer a click-bait headline.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
the real fans will be there shirley?

On that note, we have 176k members (as well as 42.4k STs) and only 7k tickets available to them so a potential 169k will miss out & therefore have no way of seeing the first game at the new stadium (other than moody streams of course).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On that note, we have 176k members (as well as 42.4k STs) and only 7k tickets available to them so a potential 169k will miss out & therefore have no way of seeing the first game at the new stadium (other than moody streams of course).

Sounds like you need to expand your ground. If you started now, how long would it take?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Shame. Still, bigger matches just around the corner.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

fair enough. lets be serious though "seeing" the new ground on TV isnt really at all the same thing as being there is it? with cameras maybe panning around stadium for 30sec in 2hr broadcast, what will fans really miss by not being on TV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here