Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs v Palace new stadium opening not on TV

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Presumably these hordes also miss all your other games too, including the ones held for years in your 36k capacity old stadium, so I'm sure they're used to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You'd think so, although reading the 'Wembley Planning' thread it would seem there are great swaths of loyal Albion fan in exactly the same situation.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
But I thought you said 'literally no one gives a shit'?

So that was a bit of an exaggeration as you also said you have been waiting 36 years for 'a game of such magnitude'.

All a bit contradictory.

Hardly one in reference to us very much giving a shit and the other in reference to your fan base seemingly thinking your first game there demands to be on tv because everyone gives a shit.

Either way it was relatively tongue in cheek. Enjoy your first game there if you’re going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Annual mate. My ST went up 91% between Wembley and the new stadium. A couple of bad seasons and we will be back to 40k crowds at those prices.

Sorry, but I had to read this about 3 times before I was sure it was correct! That is ridiculous. Is it a like-for-like seat, or an upgrade you've gone for? The thing is, as we know at Bton, if you relinquish your season ticket, it can become damn hard to get near the front of the queue again.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Sorry, but I had to read this about 3 times before I was sure it was correct! That is ridiculous. Is it a like-for-like seat, or an upgrade you've gone for? The thing is, as we know at Bton, if you relinquish your season ticket, it can become damn hard to get near the front of the queue again.

I did upgrade slightly. My ticket was £695 for 21 games and the cheapest one I could have got in the new place was £995 for 19 games which would have been a 63% rise on a match by match basis. But as I was reluctant to carry an oxygen bottle to matches I bought a £1200 ticket.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Hardly one in reference to us very much giving a shit and the other in reference to your fan base seemingly thinking your first game there demands to be on tv because everyone gives a shit.

Either way it was relatively tongue in cheek. Enjoy your first game there if you’re going!

No worries fella. Obviously it means a lot to us but unsurprisingly not so much to other fans. Personally I can't wait for the Palace game - as long as they don't bring those ******* drums.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I did upgrade slightly. My ticket was £695 for 21 games and the cheapest one I could have got in the new place was £995 for 19 games which would have been a 63% rise on a match by match basis. But as I was reluctant to carry an oxygen bottle to matches I bought a £1200 ticket.

There must be quite a few people that aren't renewing then (are there figures?). Can understand you paying the extra though. Luckily, my cheap seat at the Amex is lower tier!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Wow. I pay £1200 per year for my golf membership but I get to go 365 times a year if the weather and wife let me!

N17

Jun 21, 2011
There must be quite a few people that aren't renewing then (are there figures?). Can understand you paying the extra though. Luckily, my cheap seat at the Amex is lower tier!

The new stadium effect made everybody dig deep but they did have to go a LONG way down the waiting list to offload them. Next season everyone will renew...thereafter, without any signs of success or player spending....i think they will start to struggle.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Holy shit, that's a lot of money.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
No worries fella. Obviously it means a lot to us but unsurprisingly not so much to other fans. Personally I can't wait for the Palace game - as long as they don't bring those ******* drums.

Just ban the drums a la Watford then watch the ensuing implosion!

Do you get a sense of how the fans expect the move mid season will effect the players? Could be interesting for the top 4 if it galvanises them.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Just ban the drums a la Watford then watch the ensuing implosion!

Do you get a sense of how the fans expect the move mid season will effect the players? Could be interesting for the top 4 if it galvanises them.

I think, like us, they have had enough of Wembley. I am hoping that the new environent and better atmosphere will give them a big lift.

Hopefully after we have despatched City in the QF we will get a big team in the SF of the CL (tongue firmly in cheek).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll be interesting to see if The Always decide this is a game that 'their' players need to turn up for? (it's worked well for them so far)

I'll hazard a guess most of the Always (and a couple of Albionites) would prefer it if Spurs were just given an easy path through to the following round of Champions League matches.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think, like us, they have had enough of Wembley. I am hoping that the new environent and better atmosphere will give them a big lift.

Hopefully after we have despatched City in the QF we will get a big team in the SF of the CL (tongue firmly in cheek).

It could be a bad week for City, out of the FA Cup and the CL within 4 days.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would LOVE that double to come off mate. I will be firmly in BHAs corner for that game.

As will pretty much every set of fans in the country (save for some pathetic whining scrotes in Surrey and SE1).

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
To be fair that is a baffling decision by Sky. Who wants to watch Man City at home to Cardiff? It’s a routine 3-0 home win with zero interest or unpredictability. If I’m sitting on the sofa that evening I’d much rather be having a look at a new stadium and seeing a more competitive game.

See i wouldn't. Spurs vs Palace has no baring on us at all. Glad they are showing the Cardiff game from a BHA prospective. Should be 5-0 minimum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here