Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Question for plumbers....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As above - the plastic discs on the outside will prise off.

Thanks mate, I thought that’s what you must mean. Thanks for the advice, I’m okay with most things maintenance related but perhaps rightly, plumbing fills me with dread!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I've had to turn three off lately, two of them started leaking when disturbed. You must have been lucky (or had better quality valves)

As I say rather than rooting around under the sink, we have a small kitchen so it’s a really tight space , I’ll just turn the stopcock off?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
28DE9539-AC6E-46EB-AFF4-07F030E84512.jpeg

I’m going in.....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
AA34F666-7C3F-465E-AC67-14D7A6B4B192.jpeg

Got this far, nothing looks untoward. But don’t know where to go from here.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well I’ve had the whole thing apart and I’ve exhausted my meagre know-how on such matters so I’ll get a new set of taps. If that doesn’t work , it’s a call to someone who knows what they’re doing.

Thanks for all the advice. At least I didn’t flood the place! Cheers NSC. Watch this space......fill with water!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Don't waste time trying to mend old taps anymore, costs the same to just put a new set in

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
New taps.
You will struggle to get a spare for that, maybe online but not in a plumbers merchant.

Screwfix are pretty reasonable for buying new mixer taps.

I have to concur. Need new ones anyway, thanks chap.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The old adage still holds true though, "but chap, buy twice". My shower mixer was playing up so I bought a new one off Amazon for about £35. It worked brilliantly for a month then wouldn't regulate hot and cold. Went to Plumbers Mate and bought a decent one for £85.
The amazon one went in the bin.

Mannakin

Jun 24, 2013
Hove (actually!)
The old adage still holds true though, "but chap, buy twice". My shower mixer was playing up so I bought a new one off Amazon for about £35. It worked brilliantly for a month then wouldn't regulate hot and cold. Went to Plumbers Mate and bought a decent one for £85.
The amazon one went in the bin.

Just bought a Mira shower mixer with the same thought in mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here