Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Soccer Aid 2019

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
As the football season enters the final straight don't forget one of the best footballing occassions of the season will be still to come as the season reaches its climax. Soccer Aid 2019 is back and bigger and better than ever.

This year one of the most historic and hallowed stadia of the UK will host for the first time, Stamford Bridge.

England have been busy drawing up a shortlist of their ideal manager and after Alan Curbishley, David Moyes, Steve Cotterill and Alan Pardew fell by the wayside they've appointed Big Sam.

So far legends recruited for the big game include Carlton Palmer, Andy Hinchcliffe, David Platt, Michael Ricketts and Tony Hibbert.

Fans favourite and all time top scorer Jonathan Wilkes will be making a welcome return alongside other celebrities including Olly Murs, Ben Shepherd and John Bishop.

The Rest of the World are still in the process of rectruiting their manager, although Claudio Ranieri is hotly tipped to take the role, other contenders include Egil Olsen, Carlos Carvahal and Juande Ramos.

The only confirmed player for the rest of the World so far is Gordon Ramsey.

TIckets available now from here as cheap as £30 up to £100 but they're selling quick if you want one. Otherwise the game is being simulcast on ITV and Sky Sports Football this year.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Went last year, good laugh and a good weekend in Manchestoooor

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Williams, Murs, Hatton, Calzaghe, Theakston, Lara, Myers, Harrelson, Sheen...

Seeing as we're still in penalty shootout mode after Sunday, here's a memorable one!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Assume Crodo is taking the piss.

I just hope they try and rope Roy Keane in again. Just to hear his reaction.

Will be giving this a body swerve yet again.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Fans favourite and all time top scorer Jonathan Wilkes will be making a welcome return

The game simply wouldn't be the same without the Soccer Aid Shearer once again unleashing HELL on the World XI Goalkeeper.

The other year that jumped up LOSER Edgar Davids dared take him on. There was only one winner and the whole footballing world LAUGHED at the Dutchman as WILKO showed him who the fans really wanted to see.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that seeing Robbie Williams out with an injury, and thus ROBBING US of the Wilko-Williams partnership last time was truly crushing.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Great cause. How much do I have to donate to not watch it?

Also, Stamford Bridge? Surely they could get a better (bigger) stadium than that?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Nothing against them continuing to do this in order to raise money and awareness, BUT they need to consider having a new collection of 'celebrities'. Seeing the likes of Olly Murs everytime must drive the majority of people to distraction.

Granted, Wilkes is a plum. He apparently co-founded the glorified jolly, so rightly or wrongly gets to involve himself for purely selfless reasons.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Further details of the squads have leaked out today.

RoW have appointed Harry Redknapp as manager and he has appointed Kevin Bond and Piers Morgan as his assistants. The playing squad includes Ramsey, Drogba, Bolt, Blinker, Uhlenbeek, McFadden and Buble.

Englands side managed by Big Sam will include Ben Shepherd, Jon Wilkes, Olly Murs, Jamie Theakston, Joe Wicks, Mark Wright and Sir Mo Farah as well as the names previously mentioned.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Further details of the squads have leaked out today.

RoW have appointed Harry Redknapp as manager and he has appointed Kevin Bond and Piers Morgan as his assistants. The playing squad includes Ramsey, Drogba, Bolt, Blinker, Uhlenbeek, McFadden and Buble.

Piers Morgan being involved is enough to ensure I won't be giving this a moment of my attention.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Further details leaked, women to be included for the first time. Lorraine Kelly and Marta are the first two women to be names for RoW and Alex Scott and Katie Price named for England.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Piers Morgan representing the RoW team?

Deport him IMHO.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Further details leaked, women to be included for the first time. Lorraine Kelly and Marta are the first two women to be names for RoW and Alex Scott and Katie Price named for England.

Katie Price. Christ on a bike!

More tears for Ramsey I fear. Lest we forget, he did an awful lot for Arsenal :cry: A nice warm up before his trip to Turin. In all honesty I'd rather bang him than the right honourable Brightonian plastic surgery addict.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Katie Price. Christ on a bike!

More tears for Ramsey I fear. Lest we forget, he did an awful lot for Arsenal :cry: A nice warm up before his trip to Turin. In all honesty I'd rather bang him than the right honourable Brightonian plastic surgery addict.

Gordon not Aaron.

:facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here