Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any other 1983 'plastics' out there?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Uh, yes. And I've bought merch from this site back in the dark days to help with rallies, sent flowers to Prescott etc.. What does it matter?

You missed out 'And' so it brought out the prat in him. Just ignore the idiot.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am a plastic Colorado avalanche ice hockey fan having seen them once.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The '83 Cup Final was the first time I saw the Albion play... Not that I was there.

The day coincided with the return from a family holiday, and we dropped Dad off at a railway station so he could get to Wembley, and he gave Mum instructions on how to get home - promising we'd be home in time for kick-off. Mum promptly got lost, but we did get home in time for kick-off... of the second half!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
1982/3 was my first season going, but as I was there for the Newcastle, Man City and Norwich ties, as well as Highbury and the Final(s), I'm definitely claiming SUPERFAN status.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sort of, my first Albion game was away to Ipswich in January 1983 so I was lucky really that it coincided with the cup run season, so I'm not sure where I stand then, I don't think I was a plastic in 83 more of a JCL I suppose.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
83 was my first game. Norwich quarter finals of the FA Cup. 1 - 0 and I was hooked. :albion2:

Edit. Never got to Wembley for the final though.. :tantrum:

Norwich was the first game I was refused entrance to the Goldstone as it had sold out! I didn't understand the concept having watched since 68 and never had the slightest thought this could even happen. Got to the final though :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
83 was my first game. Norwich quarter finals of the FA Cup. 1 - 0 and I was hooked. :albion2:

Norwich was the first game I was refused entrance to the Goldstone as it had sold out! I didn't understand the concept having watched since 68 and never had the slightest thought this could even happen.

At least after all these years, you finally know who to BLAME /\ /\ /\

Ubuntu

May 12, 2014
Philippines
True and proper plastic here.. Didn’t even make the final .... but the replay... I was at school in the morning when one of the heads runners came into the class with a note ... can (me) go and see the head and take my things with me ...

Apparently my grandmother had been taken ill and my father was coming to school to pick me up in an hour or so ..

Waiting in the heads office ... dad comes in all sad .. come on son, lets go ...

Get into dads car .. he hands me my hat and scarf, and tickets to Wembley ... come on son ... were off to London ..!!

Saturdays at the Goldstone .. only a limited few games at Withdean .. missed most of withdean and all of gillingham ... because of Uni, Job and moving away ...

Moved back a few years ago and myself and the daughters have been STH at Amex since opening day ...

Dad died the year of promotion .. I was a grown man and a massive emotional mess on the first Premier game at the Amex.. Daddy, are you crying ... No Dear, its just really dusty in here at the moment..

I get to take my daughters to see Albion at Wembley like my dad did with me ... WHAT A TIME ..

LVGull

May 13, 2016
True and proper plastic here.. Didn’t even make the final .... but the replay... I was at school in the morning when one of the heads runners came into the class with a note ... can (me) go and see the head and take my things with me ...

Apparently my grandmother had been taken ill and my father was coming to school to pick me up in an hour or so ..

Waiting in the heads office ... dad comes in all sad .. come on son, lets go ...

Get into dads car .. he hands me my hat and scarf, and tickets to Wembley ... come on son ... were off to London ..!!

Saturdays at the Goldstone .. only a limited few games at Withdean .. missed most of withdean and all of gillingham ... because of Uni, Job and moving away ...

Moved back a few years ago and myself and the daughters have been STH at Amex since opening day ...

Dad died the year of promotion .. I was a grown man and a massive emotional mess on the first Premier game at the Amex.. Daddy, are you crying ... No Dear, its just really dusty in here at the moment..

I get to take my daughters to see Albion at Wembley like my dad did with me ... WHAT A TIME ..

Lovely story. Good old Dad!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Newcastle replay ???

Can't be many left on here who went to every Cup game in 83?

I missed the Newcastle replay. But I do have a vague recollection of a screening of the Liverpool win at a West Street nightclub, and going to see it after a reserve game at the Goldstone?!?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

I missed the Newcastle replay. But I do have a vague recollection of a screening of the Liverpool win at a West Street nightclub, and going to see it after a reserve game at the Goldstone?!?

I was one on the OFFICIAL supporters coach and we had an extra passenger on the way back as we had Peter Ward on board

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

My mates and I missed the game at Newcastle, but made every other Cup match, both Finals and every home game that season.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
saw every game until Newcastle never made it to the final but my dad did ,him and his best mate drove to Birmingham the night before and got tickets off a man u director so in the Manchester end when smith scored lol 2 of them standing up going mad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here