Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Thought she would have owned Shitshoes

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, the DWP (or whoever) are quite tenacious in trying to get the money back.

But not paying it where it is due. I had a few months with them. Had I not been savvy they would have cost me a lot of money. I still have a large file of the ridiculous paperwork they sent me.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
A colleague of mine visited a claimant who was disabled and in a wheelchair. When he opened the door in his wheelchair she merely asked him to call into the office. He was her window cleaner!

Another colleague was at a funeral and recognised one of the pallbearers. Yep, he too was a disability claimant.

One of mine was walking up to a bar and the barmaid not quite knowing what to say. She’d had a right go at me in the office that very same day about how I didn’t understand how hard it was for her bringing up children and being unable to work:lol:

When Friends Reunited first came out, so many “Lone Parents” were caught out!

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
The DWP must think they are GOLDEN to get a RETRIEVER of some of the money.............I'll get me coat....

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A colleague of mine visited a claimant who was disabled and in a wheelchair. When he opened the door in his wheelchair she merely asked him to call into the office. He was her window cleaner!

Another colleague was at a funeral and recognised one of the pallbearers. Yep, he too was a disability claimant.

One of mine was walking up to a bar and the barmaid not quite knowing what to say. She’d had a right go at me in the office that very same day about how I didn’t understand how hard it was for her bringing up children and being unable to work:lol:

When Friends Reunited first came out, so many “Lone Parents” were caught out!

Had a woman due in court years ago for a rather minor matter. When called, her solicitor rose and said "I am advised* that she is unable to attend as she suffers from severe agoraphobia"
We asked if he could contact her to find out if she'd be able to attend another time.
He said "I'm unable to contact her at present"
"Why, where is she ?"
"Lanzarote"

Heard in absence, found guilty, fined.

*whenever a solicitor/barrister says "I am advised" what he/she means is "The defendant knows its bollocks, I know its bollocks, you know its bollocks but they are sticking to it"

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Had a woman due in court years ago for a rather minor matter. When called, her solicitor rose and said "I am advised* that she is unable to attend as she suffers from severe agoraphobia"
We asked if he could contact her to find out if she'd be able to attend another time.
He said "I'm unable to contact her at present"
"Why, where is she ?"
"Lanzarote"

Heard in absence, found guilty, fined.

*whenever a solicitor/barrister says "I am advised" what he/she means is "The defendant knows its bollocks, I know its bollocks, you know its bollocks but they are sticking to it"

:lol: :clap:

I trust the fine was at the higher end of the permitted range...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here