Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cup Fever!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does anyone really give a sh*t about the Saints or Chelsea games right now?

:albion::albion::albion:

Yes. Yes I give a massive shit. Especially about Stains. Massive. Don't lose your shit, Kali. The league is what it's all about. That and the cup. We don't want or need shit stains.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Make that beating Saints and Cardiff will almost certainly be safe and we can then enjoy THE FINAL*

* Wolves & Man City

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Yes l do, it's the cup game that l don't care so much about. Beating Southampton is far more important than getting to the Cup Final, as it will mean three points towards Premier League survival for another season..

Not sure beating Southampton is more important than getting to cup final. We are very unlikely to get to cup Final but if we do we`ll be roughly evens to win the cup. If we lose to Southampton we are still more likely than not to stay up. Cardiff at home will then be massive.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Every match is important. I'll get excited about the semi-final when it's next up.

Hopefully the players feel the same !

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Does anyone really give a sh*t about the Saints or Chelsea games right now?

:albion::albion::albion:
Not in the slightest! The thought of getting off the tube at Wembley Park with my dad and aunt and making that walk down Wembley Way amongst a sea of blue and white men, women and children makes Premier League survival fade into comparison for me I'm afraid. Not a popular opinion but it's how I feel! Memories > survival.

Having said that, it does help that we are five points clear and I'm convinced we are staying up regardless.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I don't know why they have to be mutually exclusive. Why can't we be safe and enjoy the cup? Why can't players have two weeks off and be ready for Southampton? Win that and then not worry too much about Chelsea but be ready for the semi..
Lose to Southampton and results go our way again and no issue. Lose to Southampton and Chelsea and we still have Bournemouth, Newcastle, Cardiff at home.
Come on glass half full, not empty. :albion2:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And this is why so many teams reach cup finals and get relegated in the same season :ohmy:

I just hope the players keep their focus. At least it's only a semi final, and they have plenty of games to keep them occupied once it's over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here