Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fiona Onasanya

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Like many sick of that shamble at Westminster and i don't do Twitter/Fbook but please what ever we can do lets get the 7,000+ needed to force a By-election. Yes i have voted Blue in the past,but at the end of the day THEY ARE HERE TO SERVE US (the great unwashed) AND NOT THEMSELVES. :dunce:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can you run that by us again please, this time in English?

(or at least post a link to what it is you're exercised about)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is she different to any of the others. She tried to get out of a speeding fine. There's plenty in there that fleeced thousands in dodgy expenses

Ah, OK. I think I get it now. Yes, the bloke with the moat, and all that other bollocks. And of course, we had back to basics while shagging Edwina Curry. so....here we have an unprecedented online petition to trigger a byelection to get rid of the ultimate in evil??? Gosh, that would be a first (which is why it is unprecendented). Let me guess, is she black, labour and female. ??? I am outraged. They shouldn't be allowed.

:facepalm:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Done the crime did her time. She can carry on serving her electorate. If she then gets de-selected that's for her local party to decide.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Done the crime did her time. She can carry on serving her electorate. If she then gets de-selected that's for her local party to decide.
She has no local party, she was kicked out of Labour. There is currently a recall petition going on in her constituency; if they get signatures from 10% of the electorate she faces a by-election (in which she is free to stand).

el punal

Ah, OK. I think I get it now. Yes, the bloke with the moat, and all that other bollocks. And of course, we had back to basics while shagging Edwina Curry. so....here we have an unprecedented online petition to trigger a byelection to get rid of the ultimate in evil??? Gosh, that would be a first (which is why it is unprecendented). Let me guess, is she black, labour and female. ??? I am outraged. They shouldn't be allowed.

:facepalm:

Anyone here want to buy my duck house, no expense spared?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
She has no local party, she was kicked out of Labour. There is currently a recall petition going on in her constituency; if they get signatures from 10% of the electorate she faces a by-election (in which she is free to stand).

That's the sort of useful information so lacking in the OP's post. If she has been booted out of her own party, then a byelection should be forced. I guess.....depends on why she was booted out of her own party.....a bit of reasonable debate might be useful here....

And I'm not going to defend her. Why cling on to an MP position if expelled from your party after criminal activity? She has nothing she can bring to the table in such circumstances, representing neither her constituency (labour) nor her party (which doesn't want her), and clinging on can have only one motive - the MP salary......<sigh>

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I was surprised that, given her position, she wasn’t jailed for longer. Lots of people talk about footballers being required to be role models - MPs should be trustworthy. Lying to the police and the court was unacceptable. She should have stood down - typically she is clinging on until, hopefully, she loses her job.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not really up to us and certainly not facebook/twitter to determine this, its down to her local constituents. which it appears dont give a rats arse as they havent rounded up the required signatures.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I was surprised that, given her position, she wasn’t jailed for longer. Lots of people talk about footballers being required to be role models - MPs should be trustworthy. Lying to the police and the court was unacceptable. She should have stood down - typically she is clinging on until, hopefully, she loses her job.

Footballers normally get there jobs back.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Keep going Harry.

To infinity and beyond :lolol:

Seriously though, prep your thread starter a bit so half the readers don't just go WTAF? This is quite an interesting issue that deserves more than a dog whistle (calling out the knee jerk anti labouristas - there is my attempt to avoid ambiguity - you can do it too). :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here