Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many City will be there?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When I went to the Etihad last season, when we lost 3-1, I was surprised how low key it was. There was no real enthusiasm among the fans despite the fact they’d just clinched the title, and, loads of empty seats. Friendly bunch though and had a good chat with some of them who were overjoyed that we beat the “rags” the Friday before.

Tickets for their game against Cardiff are on general sale right now - anyone can buy one.

I guess that's what happens at those stratospheric heights: a lot of fans can only be arsed with the games against the other "big clubs".

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Tickets for their game against Cardiff are on general sale right now - anyone can buy one.

I guess that's what happens at those stratospheric heights: a lot of fans can only be arsed with the games against the other "big clubs".

Like the mighty Wolverhampton Wanderers

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach

Like the mighty Wolverhampton Wanderers
Got tickets for both.... doesn't help me one bit with Wembley

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Looking at the Blue Moon forum, it looks like they have got the wrong end of the stick with our ticket allocation.

"Bit late for me as Virgin have already ripped me off for £90 when I could have got it far cheaper if dates had been announced Sunday. As for tickets, Brightons go on sale Thursday with those first in line allowed up to ten tickets in a transaction".

Is that not saying Man City fans can buy 10 if they are first in line

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mad isn’t it?

One of the most important games of the last 20 years for us, potentially not even Man City’s most important game that week. Ha.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I don't blame Man City fans at all, it's bloody expensive to follow your football team and if I had to make a choice I would sacrifice going to Wembley to watch a semi-final against a team we were expected to beat. They have bigger fish to fry and if they decide to stay in Manchester and watch it on Sky good, as hopefully we get even more tickets

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Has to be a joke hat

I've got a mate who is Chelsea STH and has been since the 90s. I remember a few years ago asking him if he was going to a league Cup final they were in and he said he couldn't be bothered because they'd been there so many times in quick succession. I'd imagine a trip to London with expensive tickets to watch what should be a walk over for them isn't that appealing.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Mad isn’t it?

One of the most important games of the last 20 years for us, potentially not even Man City’s most important game that week. Ha.

Interestingly I don't actually see it as that important. It's going to be a brilliant day out and certainly the most high profile, but that's it.
There were much more important games in our promotion season, Wigan and Wolves at home, spring to mind.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sounds like it could be like the Southampton v Chelsea semi last year - absolutely packed at one end, big pockets of empty seats at the other, and not the way round you might expect.

I'll bet there are at least 5,000 more at the Watford v Wolves game. I will also add that I hope our club's top brass are monitoring City's ticket sales and doing what they can to get us more if possible. Never mind churning out commemorative shirts or retro giant foam hands, their primary job at this point should be to get as many Albion fans in the stadium as humanly possible.

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah I was wondering if they'd sell out their allocation. FA Cup lover that I am even I accept it's the least important of the three other trophies they're going for. Plus it's not even the Final, and I doubt they even see it as much of a challenge, so I can understand them wondering whether it's worth the effort of going all the way to Wembley (again) to watch a routine win.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah I was wondering if they'd sell out their allocation. FA Cup lover that I am even I accept it's the least important of the three other trophies they're going for. Plus it's not even the Final, and I doubt they even see it as much of a challenge, so I can understand them wondering whether it's worth the effort of going all the way to Wembley (again) to watch a routine win.

Now their fans are accustomed to the buying of success, they turn up for finals.

(They still actively advertise available seats for Etihad matches).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't suppose there's scope for us getting offered more tickets if City fall short?

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
We have an office in Manchester, was chatting to a colleague yesterday, he doesn't think they'll take that many, it's not a big game for them. Recons the usual away following and a load more tourists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here