Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Seat Moves.."

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Well, after being four rows from the pitch in E1E for four years - I've moved my seat this morning at 9.01am to W1F, six rows from the pitch.

Not sure if it's an optical illusion, but the play always seems to gravitate to the West Stand side - plus I never liked having my retinas destroyed by the winter sun - and getting piss wet through when it rained never appealed...

That said, there's always that 'buyers remorse' niggling away - and the worry I might not like my new seats. ???

Does anyone here sit in W1F, and is it better than E1E from a 'watching the game' perspective? I'm also a bit worried now that being so near to the players and managers it could be a bit more 'library' than the East Lower.. or is this technically not possible? :lolol:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I wanted to move into the North Corner from the west stand, but there were no seats available, I was told to call back tomorrow as the west stand move today.. question is if west stand can’t move into north and the west movers can’t move out how do the club manage any swaps/moves..?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I wanted to move into the North Corner from the west stand, but there were no seats available, I was told to call back tomorrow as the west stand move today.. question is if west stand can’t move into north and the west movers can’t move out how do the club manage any swaps/moves..?

swapten.jpg

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Well, after being four rows from the pitch in E1E for four years - I've moved my seat this morning at 9.01am to W1F, six rows from the pitch.

Not sure if it's an optical illusion, but the play always seems to gravitate to the West Stand side - plus I never liked having my retinas destroyed by the winter sun - and getting piss wet through when it rained never appealed...

That said, there's always that 'buyers remorse' niggling away - and the worry I might not like my new seats. ???

Does anyone here sit in W1F, and is it better than E1E from a 'watching the game' perspective? I'm also a bit worried now that being so near to the players and managers it could be a bit more 'library' than the East Lower.. or is this technically not possible? :lolol:

Have sat, for individual games, in WestLower, WestUpper, West (1901), East (1901) & North. Had season tickets in SWC and moved to North at the beginning of this season.
Had the same buyer's remorse about leaving friends behind (having been in SWC since was built) and the "what about the people around me" fears.
Have to say, do miss the SWC crowd but absolutely made the right move... the police box people are equally friendly and atmosphere there is fantastic.

Moving from East to West, in my experience, will be an uptick in atmosphere - still a little too sedate for us. The people you meet will be just as friendly and welcoming I'm sure. And, the "but what if the guy next to me is a t**t" is unlikely to happen, despite the fears.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent

Sat over there for a cup game and enjoyed it. Interesting to see the Managers and subs etc. and what's going on that you don't see in detail from the East side.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've sat everywhere in the ground and I think the best view of the game is from either of the Upper Tiers, or 1901 if you like that sort of thing. The Amex superbox in the South East corner is wonderful for the free flowing booze and nibbles but you're at an awkward angle. Lower tiers are fine further toward the back because you can see the far touchline and you get a sense of the play but the further down you are, the worse a view of the game you have in my opinion. I like to watch the whole thing unfolding and I can't stand the pitchside behind the goal view because you have no idea what's actually happening in the game.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
As it's taking me about 3 hours to het into teh ticket site, does anyone know the date for moves within the West Stand?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

6 rows from front, I think you will still get wet...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

After we'd been at The Amex for about three seasons I didn't renew for half a season, away on business, and what games I could make bought tickets so viewed from NS, SWC, ESU & WSL, then purchased a ticket in ESU and have been there ever since, occasional Sun issue but great view, good catering and nice and quiet, so I can have a kip!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
6 rows from front, I think you will still get wet...

Arse... :annoyed:

I was going on the judgement that when it rains, in the East Stand I got wet (Row D), but looking a couple of rows behind me they escaped it - unless it was blowing a gale...

I've sat in the NW corner (W1H) and 1901 (W2D) - both 'Corporate Treats' but love being down near the pitch. I just feel more 'involved' the closer I get to the turf and have enjoyed my seats in E1E. I'll miss them, I'm sure - and no doubt I'll be having a good scope of who's sitting in 'my seats' next season. :glare:

I see what people are saying when they say it's nice to sit high up and get a handle of tactics and formations, but to be fair I'm not a football manager so couldn't offer tactical advice anyway. I just enjoy watching the game unfold. As mentioned, the sun in my eyes and the rain were the biggest reasons for the move, and seeing the subs and managers is a bonus. Nice bloke sits next to me and we talk about the other games and scores (I have the LiveScore app on my phone and he can't get a signal..), but everyone else around me just keep themselves to themselves. Won't be leaving any friends behind.

Last edited:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm only going by how wet fans were a few games ago, was it Burnley? They were soaked. I'm under the control box on the north, a hurricane wouldn't affect us! [emoji16]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I always feel these threads need more background. For example, where did you sit at Withdean...?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Arse... :annoyed:

I was going on the judgement that when it rains, in the East Stand I got wet (Row D), but looking a couple of rows behind me they escaped it - unless it was blowing a gale...

I've sat in the NW corner (W1H) and 1901 (W2D) - both 'Corporate Treats' but love being down near the pitch. I just feel more 'involved' the closer I get to the turf and have enjoyed my seats in E1E. I'll miss them, I'm sure - and no doubt I'll be having a good scope of who's sitting in 'my seats' next season. :glare:

I see what people are saying when they say it's nice to sit high up and get a handle of tactics and formations, but to be fair I'm not a football manager so couldn't offer tactical advice anyway. I just enjoy watching the game unfold. As mentioned, the sun in my eyes and the rain were the biggest reasons for the move, and seeing the subs and managers is a bonus. Nice bloke sits next to me and we talk about the other games and scores (I have the LiveScore app on my phone and he can't get a signal..), but everyone else around me just keep themselves to themselves. Won't be leaving any friends behind.
Not in your block but I am row O and have got wet on occasion. I think it tends to blow more towards the West, you see the players overhitting passes to our side a lot because of this on a windy day. You wont have that sun but you will freeze your nuts off without it shining on you :). Like you I prefer to be nearer the action and when I moved to WSL a couple of years ago was welcomed by the people around me most have been there since the stadium opened.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've sat everywhere in the ground and I think the best view of the game is from either of the Upper Tiers, or 1901 if you like that sort of thing. The Amex superbox in the South East corner is wonderful for the free flowing booze and nibbles but you're at an awkward angle. Lower tiers are fine further toward the back because you can see the far touchline and you get a sense of the play but the further down you are, the worse a view of the game you have in my opinion. I like to watch the whole thing unfolding and I can't stand the pitchside behind the goal view because you have no idea what's actually happening in the game.

Quite. High up near the half way line is always best for me. I come to watch the football, not have a bloody cuddle. I can do that in doors. There is a bell shaped relationship between the price of a ticket and the amount of bellendery as, in my limited experience of the expensive seats, noisy cocks dressed as if they are at a shit wedding are just as annoying as the spotty teenages in tight trousers in the cheap seats.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I always feel these threads need more background. For example, where did you sit at Withdean...?

In the rain. We all did :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Every time I look at this thread I think Seat Leon Best. This thread is disturbing.

seat.jpg
twat.jpg

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
been row 3 W1F for last three years - great view and after all the Withdean years being so close to the pitch is just something I can never get bored of

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here