Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good people of NSC - Advice for Exiles - FA Cup Tickets

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Definitely thinking about it for the final if we make it - I do have a bronze membership which I renew each year and it has come in handy.

Same here. I've used my membership for a few trips back in recent years.

I think there's few of us in Toronto who will be looking to fly back for the final. I've already had a quick check on flight prices (probably tempting fate), not too bad for that weekend. It's a long weekend in Canada which is a bonus.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Oh have a bit of compassion. Plenty people who have been loyal for decades but for some reason had to give up their ST recently. It’ll mean more to them than someone just taken up a ST this year yet they’ll be lower down the pecking order, or not even on it!

If they got a ST this year they got it from a waiting list so no they shouldnt be jumped over by someone who is now interested again now we got to a semi final.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
If they got a ST this year they got it from a waiting list so no they shouldn't be jumped over by someone who is now interested again now we got to a semi final.

Excuse me. I've never stopped being interested since 1976. Nothing to do with the SF. I was there for Fans Utd at great expense, so you can piss off. Got my ticket via StubHub, so not standing in anyone's way or claiming super-fandom. Was merely asking for advice as a long standing, long distance and very loyal fan.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If they got a ST this year they got it from a waiting list so no they shouldnt be jumped over by someone who is now interested again now we got to a semi final.

Didn’t say that and besides, you don’t need to be so unsympathetic. No ones moaning, just be grateful if your circumstances haven’t changed i.e. you had to give up your ST just as we ‘made it’ but had one for eg the past 20 years. lots of people in that boat and it’s just unfortunate, every bit as unlucky as those missing because of weddings, holidays and so forth. Certainly I have a lot of sympathy for these people because their loyalty extends a lot longer than someone who got a ST this year for first time but will be guaranteed a ticket. These fans might not heard of Murray never mind Meade!!

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Definitely thinking about it for the final if we make it - I do have a bronze membership which I renew each year and it has come in handy.

Same here as I can't make the 6th due work. Bronze does come in handy for the times I can get to the Amex. Allowed me to get to at least 1 game every season :thumbsup:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Stub Hub
What are the rules of selling tickets on here? I want two tickets, one for me (450 LP's) and one for Daughter (few matches plus FA Cup games)
My plan. Buy my ticket day 1 as a back up if plan B fails.
Then buy two together when I can get +2 on the 27th. At this stage I will have a spare unwanted single ticket. Can I sell it?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Well, my young lad has been living in Melbourne for 4 years, and he’s flying in for 5 days just for the game, 10,660 miles each way. And my brother who lives in San Francisco is flying in for just 3 days, but that’s just a hop! Will be a terrific reunion, 5 of us in all, with 140 years of fan hood between us!

Excuse me. I've never stopped being interested since 1976. Nothing to do with the SF. I was there for Fans Utd at great expense, so you can piss off. Got my ticket via StubHub, so not standing in anyone's way or claiming super-fandom. Was merely asking for advice as a long standing, long distance and very loyal fan.
Yet just a single post on NSC until yesterday, when you started posting on semi-final arrangements threads.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's about time there was an exile club for fans worldwide which allowed people a sort of bronze membership standing. Woukd help to include a few hundred fans world wide. They would not be expected to rack up as many loyalty points but distance could be taken into account.

Would you be including yourself in that what with your support for Bradford :whistle:

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Yet just a single post on NSC until yesterday, when you started posting on semi-final arrangements threads.

Not sure why I need to justify BUT have been posting on NSC since before Hereford. It was my lifeline after I moved away. Please feel free to question my club affinity if it makes you feel bigger and better. I’m using a new account after credentials were lost with a new computer. As they say in America, have a nice day.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Well, my young lad has been living in Melbourne for 4 years, and he’s flying in for 5 days just for the game, 10,660 miles each way. And my brother who lives in San Francisco is flying in for just 3 days, but that’s just a hop! Will be a terrific reunion, 5 of us in all, with 140 years of fan hood between us!

You win. Good effort!!!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Stop being an idiot. Posting on NSC is no measure of how 'good' a fan you are. Besides there are 33k tickets .... everyone that wants one will get one .... even 'bad' fans. Next you'll be suggesting that fans born and bred and always lived in Brighton should get priority.

Oh, I must be right because I've been on NSC for longer than you and have a rather better post count :dunce:

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder

Have a fabulous time. I expect to see some pictures on Seagulls Downunder:thumbsup:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Stub Hub
What are the rules of selling tickets on here? I want two tickets, one for me (450 LP's) and one for Daughter (few matches plus FA Cup games)
My plan. Buy my ticket day 1 as a back up if plan B fails.
Then buy two together when I can get +2 on the 27th. At this stage I will have a spare unwanted single ticket. Can I sell it?

My understanding is that it is legal for a debenture holder in CW to sell their seat for an event on Stubhub, and that consequently it is fine for links to Stubhub to be posted on NSC. In the scenario you describe, you wouldn’t be the debenture holder of the CW ticket, so it would be illegal to resell it - and doing so on NSC would not be allowed. In the event the club saw it, and managed to find you, you also risk losing your ST.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], correct?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sounds like you've been away far too long!

Yeah, let's give those who have abandoned Sussex and not seen a game for years advantage over those who have stayed and watched the team occasionally.

Why are you so bitter about this? You yourself seem to be on the margins of support and exciled from Sussex.

We’re going to Wembley , lighten up.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My understanding is that it is legal for a debenture holder in CW to sell their seat for an event on Stubhub, and that consequently it is fine for links to Stubhub to be posted on NSC. In the scenario you describe, you wouldn’t be the debenture holder of the CW ticket, so it would be illegal to resell it - and doing so on NSC would not be allowed. In the event the club saw it, and managed to find you, you also risk losing your ST.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], correct?

Thanks. There is now another thread with a poll with similar thoughts. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking of buying a cheap seat as a banker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here