Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Montoya not on pitch for the penalties

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Because it would be Brighton who would be punished. Assume its 10-10, our 11th player (Montoya) is taking the 11th penalty, but they get to have their best penalty-taker taking theirs

Clever boy. Can you imagine if we got to a shootout against Man City and they are allowed only one penalty taker? Aguero it is, then. :lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Look, it's already been made very clear that I've had an absolute mare on this thread, please don't compound it...

Don't worry about it. We all love you........ in a purely platonic way, of course.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Ooh that looks like a bad limp there. Must've been injured.

While you're here - how long has Chris said he'll be out for?

Actually - when I watched that sequence I did actually think Montoya was limping, possibly due to cramp though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Surely you'd choose Ryan as your one not to take, but also seems a weird rule to me, why should the Albion have one less penalty taker just because Millwall had a player sent off?

Why do you assume Ryan would not be chosen. Plenty of keepers can hit a good penalty in the same way that many forwards are rubbish from the spot.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Another odd one when Millwall were having their huddle on the pitch before the pens (or was it before ET) Harris said something to Skalak and ushered him away which was strange as other subs were included. Maybe it was to spy or something!!! Der der deeeeer.
Skalak was warming up on the touchline at the start of ET, so if what you saw was before ET then I suspect that would be what he was being ushered out to do.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
But whoever we chose would be someone from their first choice of 10, while we have to play our 11th choice.

Chances are, that was also their 11th choice, who has already taken one at 10 - unless their 11th choice happened to be the guy who was sent off.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Chances are, that was also their 11th choice, who has already taken one at 10 - unless their 11th choice happened to be the guy who was sent off.
From what I understand, Ferguson may well have been their first choice - at the very least he would have been in their initial five.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes that's true, but then we're both playing our 11th choice, so it's not an advantage to us. And what if both teams have scored all 10? We have to pick a player who has already scored, while we have to play our 11th man who is shitting it, knowing it's his fault if we lose?

I think the rules as they are are better.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yes that's true, but then we're both playing our 11th choice, so it's not an advantage to us. And what if both teams have scored all 10? We have to pick a player who has already scored, while we have to play our 11th man who is shitting it, knowing it's his fault if we lose?

I think the rules as they are are better.

Has that ever happened? Surely it's far more likely that it hasn't happened, and you are picking someone who never usually takes a penalty, but just has done so, and missed it!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think if you've just assaulted a player on the pitch and been sent off you shouldn't be allowed to take part in penalties and if you get to the 11th pen and the other team are one up then so be it, you lose. Might stop thuggish wankers from trying to break someone's ankles.

This. Absolutely the right approach. team with 11 should be able to take a pen and if they score they win.
The rule would make sense if the team are down to 10 because of injury

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here