Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Montoya not on pitch for the penalties

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have the other 10 been sent off but we still manage to get a 0-0 draw with them to take it to penalties? [emoji16]

I'll rephrase that. They are allowed to nominate a single penalty taker.....<sigh>

:bowdown::lolol:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
In the unlikely event of it being even after 10 pens each, we would be left with presumably our worst penalty taker to take the 11th while they would be back to their 1st choice.

Edit- god, my typing is slow :drool:

You think yours is slow. I just got done reading the first 3 answers and reading your slow typing answer before I got this answer typed out on my Motorola phone.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has that ever happened?
Probably not.
Surely it's far more likely that it hasn't happened, and you are picking someone who never usually takes a penalty, but just has done so, and missed it!
True enough. But then how often does it get to the 11th man? It's not really something to worry about.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I would say that if every 1 in 4 crosses resulted in a goal or at the very least puts it on a plate for the striker, that's a pretty bloody good return!

I would say that only 1 in 4 crosses in a row beating the first man is not good.

Does 1 in 4 of Montoya's crosses really result in a goal? I will have to check these fact stats.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I would say that only 1 in 4 crosses in a row beating the first man is not good.

Does 1 in 4 of Montoya's crosses really result in a goal? I will have to check these fact stats.

I’m just saying that if his ‘good cross rate’ is 25% that’s actually pretty bloody good

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I’m just saying that if his ‘good cross rate’ is 25% that’s actually pretty bloody good

Really ??? I would say that a 75% chance of not beating the first man is poor, and the only excuse a player can have is tired legs or injury. As I said; I would not have fancied him taking a penalty, and he clearly didn't fancy himself taking one either.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Now you’ve gone and spoiled it. I would have thought with 44k posts under your belt you would know better than to come on here with facts and stats that make some on here look stupid and blinkered :)

Blinkered? Que? Really rate him as a defender, just on Sunday his crossing was poor. Not difficult to understand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here