Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] OT: Free Google Home mini for Spotify Family account holders

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Good call. Have spotify premium rather than family at the moment - will see if I can work out how to upgrade. I love spotify but find their settings/support etc. hard to work out.

FairWeatherFan

Jun 9, 2011
Thanks, I just ordered mine. I saw the US version of this offer a couple of months ago. Great that it's in the UK now.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Didn't work for me for some reason.

There are some conditions:

"Premium for up to 6 people residing at the same address for £14.99. One device per primary account holder, while supplies last. Sub-accounts ineligible. UK only. Shipping & handling by Google: a Google account and Google-approved form of payment required to redeem a device. Offer ends 14 May 2019, devices must be redeemed by 24 May 2019."

Stumpy Tim

There are some conditions:

"Premium for up to 6 people residing at the same address for £14.99. One device per primary account holder, while supplies last. Sub-accounts ineligible. UK only. Shipping & handling by Google: a Google account and Google-approved form of payment required to redeem a device. Offer ends 14 May 2019, devices must be redeemed by 24 May 2019."

My wife signed up first, and I upgraded us last year to family account.. so maybe she's the owner and I'm a sub-account. We shall see

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Thanks for this. It's also available for existing Family users so I've just ordered mine.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Many thanks for this - followed the link for existing Family members (was Premium and upgraded around Christmas as the kids were nagging for it!) and have registered for it. Must have "sold out" of these for the time being, as got "You’ve reserved your Google Home Mini - We’ll email you at dolphins@nsc [not my actual email, surprisingly enough] as soon as your device is available."

UPDATE: They've already emailed me! Order placed - dilemma choosing between the chalk and charcoal version, but very smooth process and very happy! Thanks OP!

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
It may be just me but I don't see the benefit of smart speakers. It seems marginally easier to say "play x" than pressing the button to play it. If Google think it's worthwhile giving away a bit of kit in order to get a(nother) microphone in your home to gather even more data about you, I don't reckon it's a good deal. As they say, if it's free, you're the product.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Yep - mines on the way now. Cheers fopr sharing as i had no idea about this.

Look out for next weeks thread titled 'how do i connect my google mini to my wall mounted Bluetooth speaker?'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here