Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone been avoiding (new) Wembley until Albion get there in a final?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
And, if so, are you going to skip the semi-final? :jester:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've been for England games (shitty band, loads of tourists, people more interested in throwing paper aeroplanes), for a random (Spurs v Portsmouth - full of tatoo'd Portsmouth freaks, and LADS who all looked like Gav from Gavin and Stacey) FAC semi-final, and for two games at the 2012 Olympics (ra-ra-ra, awful atmosphere) but none of those matter - this will still feel like the first real visit.

Last edited:

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
I haven't been to Wembley except for a stadium tour...

I keep forgetting that we have played there against Spurs (which disgusts me personally as it should be sacred). To me, when those boys walk out for the first time in just under 3 weeks, that will be the FIRST time in my eyes.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Been numerous times for England, and went last season for the Spurs game. However, let's be honest, all of those are pony and don't really count. The semi will be a REAL visit, and if we were to get to the final, that would be a REALLY REAL visit!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Been numerous times for England, and went last season for the Spurs game. However, let's be honest, all of those are pony and don't really count. The semi will be a REAL visit, and if we were to get to the final, that would be a REALLY REAL visit!

You are Sean Kelly and I claim my five pounds :)

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I went to the England v Chile friendly a few years ago, and last season when we played Spurs.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've been there for a couple of FA Cup Finals and the Championship play-off final. If I'm honest, I preferred the Millennium Stadium for atmosphere and the steeper stands - but it'll be very special to see Albion there nonetheless.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Been for one England game, Spurs away game last year and a work conference.

Expecting my next visit to be more exciting.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not been. I’ve not been avoiding it, more I’ve had no reason to go. I’ll be there for the semi.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Will be first time for me.
I was hoping to be able to get tickets last year for the away game, but wasn't able to.

Looking forward to it immensely

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I use to work in Wembley and from my office I watched the arch going up. I vowed I wouldn't go to Wembley unless it was to watch the Albion. Had a long wait but went last season for the Spurs game and last year it was the finish for The March For Men.

Can't wait for the Semi Final, it's going to be a great day.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Went to Spurs last season an to a Rugby match a few years ago.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Did the cup final, we have not done the Spurs fixture as it's not 'earned', so we will be going to the semi-final.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here