Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andy Naylor

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I think Naylor does a good job of covering the Albion with what I imagine is pretty limited resource. I have no issue with his journalism.

I am fed up, however, of his constant criticism of the fans and his holier-than-thou attitude.

The below tweet is a recent example of this;

[tweet]1107613549352898560[/tweet]

Of course people were going to be critical when we were 2-0 down and played like shit. It baffles me that he doesn't understand this and how the fans criticism aimed at the players/CH at that stage was completely justified (and probably still is!).

Hardly encouraging people to buy The Argus with his attitude.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The journalism playbook these days is to goad reaction, keep the 'hits' up. He does seem to revel in it though.

It's all rather tiresome.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He generally comes across as a bit bitter to me these days.

Presumably The Argus doesn't have the same degree of access to the club as it perhaps used to have, so these snipes at the fans (well, I say the fans, we all know he reads NSC and loves a dig at it) are his go-to substitute for actual journalism.

It's a shame really, but there you go.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
He's become very smug and seems to have developed a weird chip on his shoulder re Albion fans (his customers?!). I get that twitter now highlights the more 'panicky' fan however people are entitled to be negative if they wish - particularly in the period of form we were in.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It is a shame, in this age of Twitter, Facebook, etc., that people pass comment during the game. Things often look different after 90 minutes play, and made the Hughton out comments look ridiculous...it's almost like some feel the need to post stuff first, like the Palace fan on Facebook gloating about our demise only to get egg on his face!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
His job is to report on the Albion. I’m not too sure that his brief should be to monitor its fans.
I agree that his access is probably poorer than it was, and certainly less than the good old days of John Vinicombe having a pint with the players or manager.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't really care whether he's right or wrong, I'd just say that it doesn't seem very professional to me. What journalistic value is there in pointing out a few people had a beetroot-faced knee-jerk reaction to us looking like we were going out to a struggling Championship side?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
IMO ,Andy Naylor does a good job reporting the Albion......I fear the lost of our newspapers,as i cannot help but feel that some "Social Media ",is taking over......

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If twitter didn't exist people wouldn't be so grumpy and abusive BOTH WAYS

Nah. A small percentage of the population is on Twitter.

The problem comes when people think Twitter users - and, in particular, the shouty, negative ones - are representative of the masses.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If twitter didn't exist people wouldn't be so grumpy and abusive BOTH WAYS
I was thinking this earlier.

The constant exposure we now have to loads of opinions ( honest and trolling ) fed to us by twitter, facebook etc. has lead to a far angrier society.

It needs to be sorted out.

Miserable Les

Jan 17, 2019
I was thinking this earlier.

The constant exposure we now have to loads of opinions ( honest and trolling ) fed to us by twitter, facebook etc. has lead to a far angrier society.

It needs to be sorted out.

It's also tied up with ever increasing general anxiety about the way we're all heading (geopolitics, the economy, climate change etc etc) leading to people wanting to join 'clubs' and vent. Remember, social media only 'feeds us' what we feed it. It will only get worse, much worse.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

The problem comes when people think Twitter users - and, in particular, the shouty, negative ones - are representative of the masses.
A bit like the Brexit threads on here.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think Naylor does a good job of covering the Albion with what I imagine is pretty limited resource. I have no issue with his journalism.

I am fed up, however, of his constant criticism of the fans and his holier-than-thou attitude.

The below tweet is a recent example of this;

[tweet]1107613549352898560[/tweet]

Of course people were going to be critical when we were 2-0 down and played like shit. It baffles me that he doesn't understand this and how the fans criticism aimed at the players/CH at that stage was completely justified (and probably still is!).

Hardly encouraging people to buy The Argus with his attitude.

1) He's got a point.
2) It's only Twitter.
3) He's allowed his own opinion, as we all are.
4) That tweet isn't trying to encourage people to buy The Arsegas.
5) Some Albion fans are too sensitive.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think if he tip toed through the upper tier yesterday up to the 88th minute he would of heard a lot disgruntlement.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Around 20% daily is not small in my opinion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here