Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official Albion v Manchester City FA Cup semi-final planning thread Sat 6th April, 17.30pm

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks Bozza, that’s pretty much what I was thinking but I was also worried that I had my numbers wrong, maybe 23k ST holders another 2k 1901ers and the club holding back 1k or so for comps, that leaves me potentially battling for only 7k rather than 10k on Monday morning..

if there were then 10k potentially that fell into that 9am Monday category then we could make a much more informed decision if the numbers were published. At the moment I’m just guessing that we’ll be ok to wait ???

I'm not sure we'll know, and I'm not sure if I asked I'd be told. It's difficult, but...

1. It's the start of the Easter holidays - some people will have commitments that takes them away from the area and can't go.
2. Some just won't want to go.
3. There will be a lot of people in the same boat as you. Some will buy in their tier, with the aim of getting further tickets later, but others will wait as you are contemplating doing.

I think you'll be fine, but I get why you're nervous, and I'd be the same. Good luck whatever you decide to do...

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
I'm not sure we'll know, and I'm not sure if I asked I'd be told. It's difficult, but...

1. It's the start of the Easter holidays - some people will have commitments that takes them away from the area and can't go.
2. Some just won't want to go.
3. There will be a lot of people in the same boat as you. Some will buy in their tier, with the aim of getting further tickets later, but others will wait as you are contemplating doing.

I think you'll be fine, but I get why you're nervous, and I'd be the same. Good luck whatever you decide to do...

Will keep a close eye on NSC updates over the weekend and at least we can bailout and get 8 early if the numbers are starting to look scary.

As you said, will have 4 iPads open and ready to go early on Monday and keep my fingers crossed. Last question, do I have to wait until 9am before entering the site or can you queue up much earlier to access? Cheers Bozza.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will keep a close eye on NSC updates over the weekend and at least we can bailout and get 8 early if the numbers are starting to look scary.

As you said, will have 4 iPads open and ready to go early on Monday and keep my fingers crossed. Last question, do I have to wait until 9am before entering the site or can you queue up much earlier to access? Cheers Bozza.

You can join the queueing system before 9am, but everyone who has done that is given a random position at 9am when the queue is formed. I think the best tactic is to do as you're proposing before 9am and then use whichever session gets lucky.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Just been looking at this. Wembley Central is 28 minutes from Euston and trains are frequent. Wembley stadium is from Marlyebone, and is closer to the ground, but trains seem only to stop there every 30 minutes -might be a long delay afterwards? Both would mean you approach from the west -our end, and are overground stations.

We went to an England game on a Friday night, and the queue or the train was a lot shorter than for the tube. We were on a train to Marlybone within 30-40 mins of leaving the stadium, and then used the underground to Victoria.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Site says maximum 10 tickets per transaction.
Does that mean a STH can buy up to 10 tickets (as long as each with a FAN number) or would they only be able to buy for FAN numbers at an appropriate tier?

At moment I'm joining the binfest Monday at 2.00 (if any left by then.....).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Site says maximum 10 tickets per transaction.
Does that mean a STH can buy up to 10 tickets (as long as each with a FAN number) or would they only be able to buy for FAN numbers at an appropriate tier?

At moment I'm joining the binfest Monday at 2.00 (if any left by then.....).

A STH can buy up to 10 tickets, but the 9 other fans they are allocating tickets to must have enough points to get a ticket at that time.

So, if one STH has 294 points and another has 187 points then they would need to wait until 2pm on the Friday to buy tickets together.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
May I just take this moment to point out that half & half scarf purchases off opportunist Cockney wideboys are still utterly unacceptable, Wembley Stadium or not?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Any parking recommendations? I'm thinking of somewhere on the outskirts of London but on a direct tube or train line from the stadium.

Depends how much easier you want to make your day at which point if you see what I mean?

Longer drive in the morning and easier ingress and egress out of Wembley or the least faff all round.

For example I used to live in Harrow and you could park there - either designated car parks for c£5-10 or as it’s a 5.30 kick off plenty of on street parking for as little as 60p an hour up until 6.30pm when it becomes free.

Round M25 to M40 -> A40 -> A312 -> signs for Harrow on the hill station with a journey time of c hour and a half.

Then jump on the met line for 3 stops and arrive at Wembley Park.

Added bonus that you’ll mostly be going against the grain on way back on tube so less queueing time and back to your car in c45 minutes. Not a guess this is roughly how long it takes as have done for England and bigger games (have to host clients on occasion in Club Wembley).

May I just take this moment to point out that half & half scarf purchases off opportunist Cockney wideboys are still utterly unacceptable, Wembley Stadium or not?

MASSIVELY unacceptable but pretty much inevitable. The amount of toot will make our supposed Championship title winning home games look like the club trestle table at Ringmer Reserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
My loyalty points ( already in top tier ), have risen by 30 since last week. Anybody seen the same?

Also my Mrs has a purchase history and goes to c6 games home and away each season. She has no loyalty points , is that because she has to be a bronze member?

She’s just asked, “so what happened to the £10 I paid for White membership?”
I’ve told her it’s gone the same way as the Cup Final money.

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Go to every home match and then every away match that goes to purchase history.

Not a STH/member but my total ticket cost is more than those STH.

What else can I do?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

You will get a ticket but if it looks dodgy perhaps you need to find a st holder who can buy one for you. (hint)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Depends how much easier you want to make your day at which point if you see what I mean?

Longer drive in the morning and easier ingress and egress out of Wembley or the least faff all round.

For example I used to live in Harrow and you could park there - either designated car parks for c£5-10 or as it’s a 5.30 kick off plenty of on street parking for as little as 60p an hour up until 6.30pm when it becomes free.

Round M25 to M40 -> A40 -> A312 -> signs for Harrow on the hill station with a journey time of c hour and a half.

Added bonus that you’ll mostly be going against the grain on way back on tube so less queueing time and back to your car in c45 minutes. Not a guess this is roughly how long it takes as have done for England and bigger games (have to host clients on occasion in Club Wembley).

MASSIVELY unacceptable but pretty much inevitable. The amount of toot will make our supposed Championship title winning home games look like the club trestle table at Ringmer Reserves.

Thanks mate, that sounds like excellent advice. [emoji106]

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Thanks Bozza, that’s pretty much what I was thinking but I was also worried that I had my numbers wrong, maybe 23k ST holders another 2k 1901ers and the club holding back 1k or so for comps, that leaves me potentially battling for only 7k rather than 10k on Monday morning..

if there were then 10k potentially that fell into that 9am Monday category then we could make a much more informed decision if the numbers were published. At the moment I’m just guessing that we’ll be ok to wait ???

There is no way we will sell out by then, I would imagine around 3000 season ticket holders won’t buy tickets.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have worked out....drive to my daughter's flat in Kingston. Get train from Kingston to Clapham junction....train from there to Wembley Central. Showing around an hour If I have a few drinks, I will stay over at her place and come home Sunday morning.

Hoping that my mate can get 10 tickets together as. Group, but I only have 235 points and half of them have the full points ...so may be sat on my own somewhere.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
We went to an England game on a Friday night, and the queue or the train was a lot shorter than for the tube. We were on a train to Marlybone within 30-40 mins of leaving the stadium, and then used the underground to Victoria.

Thanks for that -all info helps. I am only gong by the timetable at the end of the match on that day. It might have been that you were simply lucky in that as you arrived, one was due? Or perhaps they run shuttle trains after huge matches?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Thanks for that -all info helps. I am only gong by the timetable at the end of the match on that day. It might have been that you were simply lucky in that as you arrived, one was due? Or perhaps they run shuttle trains after huge matches?

I would say there were extra services for an England match.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

I travel on the met line every day past Wembley. Preston Road station and surrounding areas is another possibility. Again, parking and
pub possibilities. You can walk to the ground and again - goes against the traffic on the way there and back. 1 stop from Wembley park
on the met line.

That's what I did for Spurs last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here