Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wembley Pub Recommendations

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A thread where Albion fans can recommend the best drinking establishments for the big day.

My friend Gurjit, a big Chelsea fan who has been to Wembley numerous times follwing his club has recommended to me this morning Wetherspoons on Wembley High Road.

A1X

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can't speak from personal experience but often seen The Globe at Baker Street busy prior to both football at Wembley and cricket at Lord's (which should attest that it's not a complete shithole at least), obviously a few tube stops away but at least it's a more central location if you're meeting people etc.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
A thread where Albion fans can recommend the best drinking establishments for the big day.

My friend Gurjit, a big Chelsea fan who has been to Wembley numerous times follwing his club has recommended to me this morning Wetherspoons on Wembley High Road.

Each club will be allocated pubs, All depends on which end of Wembley you are given as to which pubs you are allocated.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Each club will be allocated pubs, All depends on which end of Wembley you are given as to which pubs you are allocated.

Fingers crossed we get the Wetherspoons then.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Each club will be allocated pubs, All depends on which end of Wembley you are given.

Very kind of you. Which pub will Crystal Palace fans be.... oh :(

7606E016-056B-4DF2-80C2-79641D15271D.jpeg

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
Can't speak from personal experience but often seen The Globe at Baker Street busy prior to both football at Wembley and cricket at Lord's (which should attest that it's not a complete shithole at least), obviously a few tube stops away but at least it's a more central location if you're meeting people etc.

The Globe has always been seen as one of the main England fans pubs for a Wembley match. They are certainly not adverse to a few football fans drinking and singing.

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
Best pre-Wembley places to drink are at Kilburn and West Hampstead, a few stops along the Jubilee line from Wembley. So many good pubs along there.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The Globe has always been seen as one of the main England fans pubs for a Wembley match. They are certainly not adverse to a few football fans drinking and singing.

Was going to be my shout. Nicely located across the road from Baker Street and the added bonus of spending as little time as possible around Wembley.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ill probs go to a wanky and pretentious craft beer establishment

A1X

Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Prince of Wales Feathers by Warren Street is usually my Wembley haunt. Away from the day tripper newbies, good food, good selection of beer and you can get the Metropolitan line from Euston Square to beat the Baker Street crush.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Used to be a pub just outside the stadium called The Azure House which was good before England games. Not sure it's still there though as nothing coming up on Google.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Used to be a pub just outside the stadium called The Azure House which was good before England games. Not sure it's still there though as nothing coming up on Google.

Around Wembley is crap now. Green Man is 'alright' but I'd personally not drink around there. Worst case you end up in a Indian banquet hall paying £5 for an out of date, warm can of old speckled hen

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
There will be 'Fan Zones' outside the ground. They are well cordoned off areas where you have to show your ticket to get in and they sell beer and food and usually there is music or a band depending on what the club has organised. Can be good fun and a good ol sing song usually gets going. It's what you make it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here