Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Couple of cheeky cocktails in the Great Central and the Mirror Bar at Marylebone for me why slum it with the riff-raff.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
There will be 'Fan Zones' outside the ground. They are well cordoned off areas where you have to show your ticket to get in and they sell beer and food and usually there is music or a band depending on what the club has organised. Can be good fun and a good ol sing song usually gets going. It's what you make it.

You didn't mention the eye watering prices though...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
My friend Gurjit, a big Chelsea fan who has been to Wembley numerous times

Crodo, you should get Gurjit a extra ticket to thank him for all the help he's provided over the years in impartially adjudicating your NSC sweepstakes.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
As someone that has suffered Wembley for almost 2 full seasons and tried pretty much every boozer in the vicinity my recommendation is The Parrish Bar.
Irish pub. Very small but good beer and without doubt the quickest service. Irrespective of how crowded it gets you get served amazingly quickly. You can wait 20 minutes plus elsewhere.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
The Globe has always been seen as one of the main England fans pubs for a Wembley match. They are certainly not adverse to a few football fans drinking and singing.

The Globe is really good fun as you can watch the bemused tourists scurrying to Madam Tussauds, then just a few quick tube stops to Wembley

Can't speak from personal experience but often seen The Globe at Baker Street busy prior to both football at Wembley and cricket at Lord's (which should attest that it's not a complete shithole at least), obviously a few tube stops away but at least it's a more central location if you're meeting people etc.

Barley mow Baker Street last semi at Wembley. As for the final it was the FA lounge in the stadium acsess all areas tickets free bar and food:moo:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Around Wembley is crap now. Green Man is 'alright' but I'd personally not drink around there. Worst case you end up in a Indian banquet hall paying £5 for an out of date, warm can of old speckled hen

If it is a nice day then The Green Man is not a bad choice. Fifteen minute walk, BIG pub and an enourmous beer garden.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have to admit, I’m struggling to find any suitably overpriced and pompous craft bars in Wembley. Might have to use a regular pub.

Paddington Gal

May 7, 2013
I guess this will be full of city fans, being pretty close to Euston?

The old bill normally arrange one set of fans in the Globe and the other in the Spoons across the road above Baker Street station. My usual haunt is the Thornbury Castle near Marylebone Station. A two minute walk to Marylebone Station then two stops to Wembley Stadium (15 minutes). This route is much less crowded but as it's our day out it may not be as much fun (rowdy)

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Problem with the Globe is that if you have a few beers, it's a long way to Wembley before you can go for a wee! I've had a few uncomfortable tube journeys there like that. Kilburn is the answer. Loads of good pubs near the tube station, and much closer.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The old bill normally arrange one set of fans in the Globe and the other in the Spoons across the road above Baker Street station. My usual haunt is the Thornbury Castle near Marylebone Station. A two minute walk to Marylebone Station then two stops to Wembley Stadium (15 minutes). This route is much less crowded but as it's our day out it may not be as much fun (rowdy)
Good shout on both fronts this was our preferred option, any idea what the temperance is like these days as it almost opposite the castle?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Problem with the Globe is that if you have a few beers, it's a long way to Wembley before you can go for a wee! I've had a few uncomfortable tube journeys there like that. Kilburn is the answer. Loads of good pubs near the tube station, and much closer.

Every time I've ever been to the Globe pre England match it's been full of utter twats singing no surrender to the IRA. Horrible.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Around Wembley maybe shit but somewhere like the Green man surely best as the garden will be rammed with everyone going mental

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Every time I've ever been to the Globe pre England match it's been full of utter twats singing no surrender to the IRA. Horrible.

Indeed it is. Doubt it will be like that with Brighton fans though somehow.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
As you are in the west side of Wembley. These will be your pubs.

Green man is decent with the large garden as long as the weather is ok.

The Green Man, Dagmar Avenue, Wembley, HA9 8DF
Liquor Station, 379 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AA
JJ Moons, 397 High Road, Wembley, HA9 7DT
Masti, 576 - 582 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AA
Flannery’s Bar, 610 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AF
Station 31 (Speakeasy), 299 -303 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6BD
The Corner House (Mannions), 313 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6BA
The Arch (Temporarily closed), 324 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 8LL
Holiday Inn, Empire Way, HA9 8DS
St George Hotel, 43 -51 Wembley Hill Road, HA9 8AU
Ibis Hotel, South Way, Wembley, HA9 8AD
Best Western Hotel, 365 Wembley High Road, HA9 6AY