Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any Argy Bargy at Millwall ???

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Just wondered as there was lots of chat and worry (from some) about potential trouble or being attacked etc

Anyone see anything ??? or was it all good natured

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was disappointed with one of our young "lads" trying to spit on their goal keeper when he was retrieving a ball from the empty terrace during extra time

A MIllwall fan got a bit lary on the train back to London Bridge but his child told him to stop

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Kicked off on the train that left south Bermondsey just after 17:30. Spilled onto the platform at London Bridge and lots of police running around the concourse looking for reported dust-ups. I’d just remarked to my mate about how uneventful it had all been on that front!

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
Just a bit of banter being held back for trains at South Bermondsey station. I did enjoy our rendition of ‘Tuesday night, Fleetwood Town’ to the Millwall fans on the other side of the fence.

There was a bottle of Stella thrown and smashed (glass and inches from my friend)- just as the train for Millwall fans pulled in. Police were informed to check cctv but did not appear bothered. Aside from that yes banter between the two sets.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fair play to them....loved the noisy and vitriolic response to every single BHA chant throughout the game. Handful of old-skool neanderthals hanging around at the end making the usual throat-slitting gestures from the home stand on the left (accompanied by their kids all making wanker signs obviously) but saw nothing to get the likes of @PPF even remotely aroused :D:D

Sidwell Jnr

Jan 16, 2019
Couple of coins and bottles thrown down from the train station while we were all being held back and a mouthy young woman hurling abuse down - soon silenced by a loud rendition of "she's got chlamydia, she's got chlamydia!", but that's about it

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Its just no fun at Millwall any more.
What happened to the running street battles, the bricks, the bottles, the flying drop kicks to the back of the head. The surprise ambush, the steel headed comb driven deep into the thigh, the dog chain whipped across the face and the old boys in their front gardens spouting bile at any passing stranger. At least then you were made to feel welcome.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I did get called ‘a bender’ by a bloke old enough to know better.
I haven’t been called a bender since I was about 10, made me feel quite nostalgic.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
PPF will be putting the tissues away and bemoaning being unable to comment.

It's not like his day when we had to do marathon training so we could run all the way back to the Sussex border.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
There was a bottle of Stella thrown and smashed (glass and inches from my friend)- just as the train for Millwall fans pulled in. Police were informed to check cctv but did not appear bothered. Aside from that yes banter between the two sets.

Did you scream for a policeman?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
TBH I believe if we had beaten them well over the 90 minutes there could have been more trouble. The fact they went from euphoric to utter misery in a short time period they were stunned. They appeared to just slope off.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Was Liz Costa physically sick at the homophobic abuse this time?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I was outnumbered by about 4 of their fans (club top, massive tattoos, pwoppa nawty accent-like...) down my local. They were fortunately gracious enough as their goals went in and humble in defeat. One of them even shook my hand afterwards and wished us all the best in the semi. I dare-say his handshake though was as weak as a soggy lettuce. I'd have been unimpressed if I were a recruiter interviewing him for a job. Poor form.

Anyway I digress... great result!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here