Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "I can't go to Wembley" thread

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm supposed to be in Borneo. I've told everyone I'm coming for a donor visit 5th-9th.

I'm not going to Borneo now, I just can't...

the only way i can justify not going is to rationalise that if we win, we get another day out at the Cup Final, and that if we lose, it will be miserable anyway.....

...but I've never been to Wembley, old or new, and I've already promised my daughter I'll take her... so have to do it

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Could you all just jot your addresses down...………… Although I am not sure I am gonna have enough ''Burglars'' available to cover all of you that day

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Live in Spain have booked flights and car hire back to UK for 12 days............ ON THE 12TH:rant:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Could you all just jot your addresses down...………… Although I am not sure I am gonna have enough ''Burglars'' available to cover all of you that day

Don't bother here. They would probably leave a fiver on the mantelpiece.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
With my wife and kids in Cape Verde. Going for 12 days. I have looked into flights back. Would only cost me two days of my holiday, £900 and my marriage.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Can't really justify the cost of flying back for a semi-final.

If we make it through to the final on the other hand...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I can make the semi but due to fly out on holiday the day before the final. I may have to start to read the small print on the flights to see if they can be changed!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I work Saturday, my missus, who I work with, let’s me skive off at oneish to go to home games. If it’s a late kick off I should be okay to clear off to Wembley at 1 o’clock, I can’t close my business that day, Saturday being our busiest day, and my son is getting married in April, which is one Saturday off, and it’s my 60th on the last weekend of the month, so we’re shut then also.
It really couldn’t have come at a worse time, for me.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My daughter is competing in a gymnastics international in Scotland that weekend......I really ought to be there.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Cousin’s birthday on the Saturday...kidding. I’m so sorry J, but I’m not going to pass on this if I can help it. I’ll make it up to him.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
With my wife and kids in Cape Verde. Going for 12 days. I have looked into flights back. Would only cost me two days of my holiday, £900 and my marriage.

No real excuses then :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here