Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What a shocking performance today vs Millwall

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes. But not sure it matters and the resilience of not accepting defeat isn’t to be sniffed at.

PS: Was Man City’s performance “worthy” last night ? (VAR would have meant at best extra time for them / and they only turned up after 70 mins against a mid table champ side)

I didn't watch that game.

This thread would be mild, to say the least, had Millwall's goalkeeper not thrown the ball into his own net.

Of course it's the result that counts, I can only assume the players were motivated by the strong words from The Always, certainly no other players were. :lol:

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
There was one team who had a worse performance than ours - the officials. Bloody awful!!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yeh, we didn't play well today. Simple chances to control the ball were shelled, crosses went straight to the keeper. We were predictable in our approach play, we didn't have the same snap in the tackle or a way of countering their dirty tricks. On the other hand, I though the pitch was worse that it initially looked and you have to give us credit for taking control of the game when they tired late on. Lucky we were playing a rubbish team, unlike in the next round

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
**** me, take the positives, we are losing FA Cup semi finalists :lolol:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The op is the sort of person that complain that they would prefer a £20 note if you gave them 4 x £5 notes.
No point trying with these types imo

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not sure anyone has said that.....but on the other hand people rightly are going to enjoy the moment ...because this is Cup and league form isn't kinda relevant ...and we did something that Everton couldn't manage and lets face it if the officials were on the game then we might have had it easier....but then we would have missed out on that drama :shrug:

League form would be completely irrelevant if we had any.
I'd hazard a guess such a fantastic victory will propel the team forward, but then again I thought the same after last week.

As said I wouldn't have rolled out the Doom-a-tron 2000.
In all honesty I had forgotten just how really really poor pretty much all 11 starters were today, including Davy - Oh Davy why did you cut your hair - and that's not for the first time this year.

But now it has been done we ought to own the fact everybody was shitehouse and the final 2 league wins aren't just going to happen because the team is in the FA Cup semi final.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I think we may have found one of today’s pre-88 minute leavers.

Or... :fishing:

Either way, it doesn’t matter because it felt great to win!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
League form would be completely irrelevant if we had any.
I'd hazard a guess such a fantastic victory will propel the team forward, but then again I thought the same after last week.

As said I wouldn't have rolled out the doom-a-tron 2000.
In all honesty I had forgotten just how really really poor pretty much all 11 starters were today, including Davy - Oh Davy why did you cut your hair, and that's not for the first time this year.

But now it has been done we ought to own the fact everybody was shitehouse and the final 2 league wins aren't just going to happen because the team is in the FA Cup semi final.

really? ...geez you have got it bad...go for a ride....I'm pleased we did win ..because if we hadn't boy you would be in trouble

Personally I enjoy a special win for a tad longer than a few hours ....I've watched enough of Brighton over 50 years to know that its best to make the most of the good times..I also dont think anyone has said just because we won today it means we will against Southampton.....but we also know that side has every chance of doing that

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We didn't deserve it and didn't play like we wanted it.

Yes, you're right.

It obviously meant nothing to them other than just another unneeded fixture in an increasingly congested fixture list.

celeb4.jpg

celeb3.jpg

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
We didn’t play well tbf but getting through is what it counts, need to play much better vs Saints but let’s enjoy only our 2nd ever semifinal!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
really? ...geez you have got it bad...go for a ride

Personally I enjoy a special win for a tad longer than a few hours ....I've watched enough of Brighton over 50 years to know that its best to make the most of the good times..I also dont think anyone has said just because we won today it means we will against Southampton.....but we also know that side has every chance of doing that

The win set me up for a happy week.

Tend not to over analyse future matches before KO, usually avoiding media hype and pre match threads.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Worst performance of all time? You must be about 12 years old if that’s the worst you’ve ever seen us play.

Anyway, we are in the FA Cup semi final. Chill out and enjoy.

If you read my post you'll be aware that I didn't say it was the worst I'd ever seen us play. I said it was up there with the worst performances.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
OP is probably fapping themselves into oblivion with some of the replies.

However the time I listen to the OP is the time you find me on top of the Amex singing "I Believe I Can Fly".

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
That has to be up there with the worst Albion performances of all time. .

You seem to have a very early join date but not been to many of our games (if any?)

Huddersfield and West Ham away. Stoke and Walsall at home. (Clue we didn't play at the Amex but they were relatively good years in our history)##

## edit you may have to google it.

### actually you may need to google google.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I think we may have found one of today’s pre-88 minute leavers.

Or... :fishing:

Either way, it doesn’t matter because it felt great to win!

No, I stayed to the end … and have never left before the end of any Albion game … nor headed off to the bar 5 minutes before half time. I too usually believe it's great to win, but this time I felt really flat. It was embarrassing see a Premier League team playing such crap football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here