Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What a shocking performance today vs Millwall

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
No, I stayed to the end … and have never left before the end of any Albion game … nor headed off to the bar 5 minutes before half time. I too usually believe it's great to win, but this time I felt really flat. It was embarrassing see a Premier League team playing such crap football.

If you weren’t lifted at the end of that game I suggest you go back to your GP and ask for your meds to be changed, alternatively go and support a team like City!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
And yet when I wake up tomorrow we will still be FA cup semi finalists which is all that matters

Not to take anything away from our achievement (would I?), but we probably couldn't have had an easier path to the semi-final. Only drawn against one Premier League team.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That has to be up there with the worst Albion performances of all time. We couldn't pass (constantly passing to Millwall players or straight into touch), some comedy defending, seemingly no game-plan or structure, failure to win defensive headers … and all this with our strongest team against a team struggling against relegation from the Championship. At times we looked like a Sunday League pub team after a particularly late and boozy Saturday night. The only players to avoid criticism were Solly and Locadia. Oh, and Stephens had one of his better games in spite of one or two awful passes. Unless we up our game considerably we'll be relegated and spanked by City at Wembley.

And I'd forgotten how boring our singing is at away games. Constant renditions of various songs about how we hate Palace. Who really cares? How about some songs supporting our team?

Not impressed with the win. We didn't deserve it and didn't play like we wanted it. A very bad day at the office.

Not read any of the replies by my first reaction is 'oh do **** off, it was a cup game'.

Edit: and we won it. FFS.

Last edited:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not to take anything away from our achievement (would I?), but we probably couldn't have had an easier path to the semi-final. Only drawn against one Premier League team.

Doesn’t really matter how you get there does it. Not sure City have had any PL side yet. And if we make the final and a big if we would have played the hardest team of the lot and have to have beaten them

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Must be an idiot. That was not even top 1000 worst performances.

That made me laugh! Precisely, not even in our top 1000 (ONE THOUSAND) worst!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have now read this thread and my considered reply to the OP is, oh, do **** off.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Man City, one of, if not the best team on paper in the WORLD, squeezed through courtesy of very poor refereeing decisions after being 2 down at a struggling Championship team yesterday. These games are very rarely easy in the cup. You only have to look at the number of supposed upsets every year to see that. We may have only beaten one prem team, but all the others have been no lower than the Championship. We deserve to be in the semis no more or less than any of the others.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To be honest, if we had won this game with a routine victory 0-2 and no drama, I wouldn't be this ecstatic.

The drama and the way this win was achieved makes football the greatest game in the world. The importance of the game means the performance of the team is of no consequence.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Pretty poor for much of the game but showed great character to get back into it.

My concern is we need to play with more urgency. Too many times it's a sideways or backwards pass. When do we ever catch a team by surprise with a quick counter, from a goal kick or a quick throw etc? It's always so slow and allows the opposition to track back, We're desperately predictable at times and we cry out for some creativity.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
To be honest, if we had won this game with a routine victory 0-2 and no drama, I wouldn't be this ecstatic.

The drama and the way this win was achieved makes football the greatest game in the world. The importance of the game means the performance of the team is of no consequence.

Absolutely. What is the f***ing point in following football if you can't sit back and enjoy an afternoon like that. It's what it's all about. We'll play much better and lose. I'm sure we'll play better in the semis. But probably not win. But no need to worry about that just yet. Just enjoy the fact we got through in exceptional circumstances.
All I know for sure is that I certainly wouldn't bother with football if it made me feel like the OP every week ...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Man City, one of, if not the best team on paper in the WORLD, squeezed through courtesy of very poor refereeing decisions after being 2 down at a struggling Championship team yesterday. These games are very rarely easy in the cup. You only have to look at the number of supposed upsets every year to see that. We may have only beaten one prem team, but all the others have been no lower than the Championship. We deserve to be in the semis no more or less than any of the others.

City have had a much easier run.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Also slightly disrespectful to Millwall, no we weren't great, poor even, but Millwall raised their game, hassled us, got in our faces and thanks to some of the worst officiating for along time, it very nearly worked.

So well played Millwall, well done Albion and hope we dont come across that level of incompetency from a referee again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That has to be up there with the worst Albion performances of all time. We couldn't pass (constantly passing to Millwall players or straight into touch), some comedy defending, seemingly no game-plan or structure, failure to win defensive headers … and all this with our strongest team against a team struggling against relegation from the Championship. At times we looked like a Sunday League pub team after a particularly late and boozy Saturday night. The only players to avoid criticism were Solly and Locadia. Oh, and Stephens had one of his better games in spite of one or two awful passes. Unless we up our game considerably we'll be relegated and spanked by City at Wembley.

And I'd forgotten how boring our singing is at away games. Constant renditions of various songs about how we hate Palace. Who really cares? How about some songs supporting our team?

Not impressed with the win. We didn't deserve it and didn't play like we wanted it. A very bad day at the office.

I can't be arsed to read the entire thread, as I assume its already been said many times over. But I'll say it anyway and move on.

You are an utter dickhead. An attention-seeking one.

But a weapons-grade dickhead nonetheless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here