Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What a shocking performance today vs Millwall

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
That has to be up there with the worst Albion performances of all time. We couldn't pass (constantly passing to Millwall players or straight into touch), some comedy defending, seemingly no game-plan or structure, failure to win defensive headers … and all this with our strongest team against a team struggling against relegation from the Championship. At times we looked like a Sunday League pub team after a particularly late and boozy Saturday night. The only players to avoid criticism were Solly and Locadia. Oh, and Stephens had one of his better games in spite of one or two awful passes. Unless we up our game considerably we'll be relegated and spanked by City at Wembley.

And I'd forgotten how boring our singing is at away games. Constant renditions of various songs about how we hate Palace. Who really cares? How about some songs supporting our team?

Not impressed with the win. We didn't deserve it and didn't play like we wanted it. A very bad day at the office.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, I think we should let Millwall through. We didn't deserve it :moo:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We were poor, Southampton will rip us a new one if the team play like that in a couple of weeks.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
That has to be up there with the worst Albion performances of all time. We couldn't pass (constantly passing to Millwall players or straight into touch), some comedy defending, seemingly no game-plan or structure, failure to win defensive headers … and all this with our strongest team against a team struggling against relegation from the Championship. At times we looked like a Sunday League pub team after a particularly late and boozy Saturday night.

Ha! Who cares !

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What I found especially infuriating was the dire quality of the crossing into the box, especially in the first 45 mins. Hardly anything beat the first man or got higher than 4 feet off the turf.

Woeful, given that all they have to do all day is practice football.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We were poor but quality won it for us

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
5 Premier league clubs have fallen at the Den.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What I found especially infuriating was the dire quality of the crossing into the box, especially in the first 45 mins. Hardly anything beat the first man or got higher than 4 feet of the turf.

Woeful, given that all they have to do all day is practice football.
Yep Montoya, wow how bad was he? (Very) how the hell did he play for Barca. Maybe 10 attempts at crossing and every one dreadful.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What the Southampton team that are not in the cup?

What is wrong with our ****ing fans!! We are in the Semi finals of the FA CUP... GET A ****ING GRIP!!
What's the point in pretending the first 88 minutes didn't happen?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Blimey. Ok, we didn't perform well against the 5th best FA cup team of the century for 80+ minutes. But we did do better than the last five teams that played at the den and came away with the points.
Perspective required here me thinks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here