Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Take a bow Glenn Murray...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Whilst I appreciate Millwall missing their final kick was a moment of pure elation for us all and wild celebrations were 100% warranted (I was going mental).

There was one seasoned pro that did go over and offer commiserations to Millwall, they pushed us all the way today

Well done Glenn...

Capture.JPG

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I am a big believer in karma and can see our Glenn being rewarded by the ball bouncing in to the Citeh net off his left bollock in the 90th. minute to sweep the mighty Seagulls in to the Cup final.A top,top bloke!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not always what fans want to see, but what a class act GM is!

Think you have that spot on.

Rather Dunk's passion and celebration all day long, Still Murray is Murray and is respected

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He can think himself lucky he still doesn't play for palace.

That kind of behaviour would have got him on the receiving end of a stearn talking to from the Always.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Pleasentries, then First in for a hot tub, massage, and hit the stack of punk IPA and piglets pies.

Or was that 1983?

Whilst I appreciate Millwall missing their final kick was a moment of pure elation for us all and wild celebrations were 100% warranted (I was going mental).

There was one seasoned pro that did go over and offer commiserations to Millwall, they pushed us all the way today

Well done Glenn...

View attachment 106053

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Well done Glenn...

View attachment 106053

OR... didn't have energy to celebrate. (Sorry)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have a real problem over all this today.
For many years I have seen teams go through, on penalties, in major games or even to win a cup.
I have always hated the way the 'winning team' celebrate.
After 90 minutes of course, after extra time certainly, but after 120 minutes nothing has divided the 2 teams so it goes down to the lottery that is penalties.
And so it's my team's turn and of course I am very happy, but I would have liked to have seen more than just Glenn, maybe all of them be a bit more professional but I know they all do it.
Just goes to show what a top bloke Glenn is.
I celebrated not because Millwall missed the penalty but because the referee and assistant seemed hell bent on us losing.
I know, bore off etc etc. But I can't be hypocritical.
But am I ecstatic we won on penalties, you bet I am

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
He can think himself lucky he still doesn't play for palace.

That kind of behaviour would have got him on the receiving end of a stearn talking to from the Always.

Plus he'd have blisters on his hands from continually congratulating victorious opponents.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Also he received the "get out of jail" award after missing his penalty.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
He was not watching their last spot kick so as he turned upon the miss the rest of his team mates were already halfway towards aRyan bundle meanwhile Murray looked totally relieved I guess that his penalty miss was not the cause of us loosing I would imagine at that very same moment of agony turning to delight he realised that for the Millwall players it was the opposite so choose to offer his sympathy good man

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really feels like he's the Dad of the team now. No time for the partying antics of the youngsters.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Really pleased for Glen - top pro near the end of his career, getting a deserved run out at Wembley. Will probably be his last chance to play there......unless we win!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Really feels like he's the Dad of the team now. No time for the partying antics of the youngsters.

I know many will say its not for footballers to act as role models, but Glenn is one. The ultimate professional

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here