Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Take a bow Glenn Murray...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am a big believer in karma and can see our Glenn being rewarded by the ball bouncing in to the Citeh net off his left bollock in the 90th. minute to sweep the mighty Seagulls in to the Cup final.A top,top bloke!

Well, we already have the song for it....

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I thought I saw him waltz over their 'keeper and give it some.

3f1d3069080c9ebb115a629acddd8180_original.gif

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I have a real problem over all this today.
For many years I have seen teams go through, on penalties, in major games or even to win a cup.
I have always hated the way the 'winning team' celebrate.
After 90 minutes of course, after extra time certainly, but after 120 minutes nothing has divided the 2 teams so it goes down to the lottery that is penalties.
And so it's my team's turn and of course I am very happy, but I would have liked to have seen more than just Glenn, maybe all of them be a bit more professional but I know they all do it.
Just goes to show what a top bloke Glenn is.
I celebrated not because Millwall missed the penalty but because the referee and assistant seemed hell bent on us losing.
I know, bore off etc etc. But I can't be hypocritical.
But am I ecstatic we won on penalties, you bet I am
The Albion players only offered a muted celebration after our shoot out win over Wrexham. They then went and applauded their fans.

Maybe Maty Ryan was right - for the most part - about a 'No Dickheads' policy.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Think you have that spot on.

Rather Dunk's passion and celebration all day long, Still Murray is Murray and is respected

That’s crap, be gracious in victory and defeat. Celebrate like there’s no tomorrow, but don’t rub it in the loser’s face, unless you are an American and follow golf...

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I was sitting in with the Millwall fans and couldn't believe how hostile they were towards Murray throughout the match. I've never heard the word c*** used so many times.
I'm pretty sure it's more to do with their hatred of Palace rather than their hatred of Glenn.

I also didn't realise just how much they hate Palace. I would imagine that after their loathing of West Ham that Palace must be next on the list.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I am a big believer in karma and can see our Glenn being rewarded by the ball bouncing in to the Citeh net off his left bollock in the 90th. minute to sweep the mighty Seagulls in to the Cup final.A top,top bloke!

What about 'the perfect hat-trick'.....one off his leftie, one off his righty, and one off his, er, head..

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I saw this and have to admit that I thought it was a great gesture, especially given the abuse he got all game from their fans. Millwall played well and their players gave it everything. To be seconds away from a visit to Wembley the defeat must have been hard on them a lot more so than if we had played them off the park and won 2-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here