Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trains on 6th April Brighton - Three Bridges. ENGINEERING WORK POSTPONED, TRAINS RUNNING AS NORMAL

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Anyone East of the county will have the option hastings to London Bridge. Around an hour and a half journey. So maybe 2 hours from eastbourne and 2.15 from Lewes way.
Add to that tube to Euston and change to Wembley Park about 45 mins. So between 215-330 to get there depending how Far East you start

with a 5.30pm KO - then likely return to Victoria will be about 8 - 8.30pm . With pens - about 9.30pm. (so about a 2 or 3 hour window to get everyone back south)

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Enough trains/ buses ?
- The frequency is as per normal with regular trains back til 11.20 and the last train is 1am.
- If its similar to other line closure days there will be multiple buses , even for tens of thousands of fans instead.

From what I have heard there are ongoing discussions between Southern and Network Rail with regards to strengthening the services via Littlehampton but they can't plan fully until the fixture date/time is properly announced.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
with a 5.30pm KO - then likely return to Victoria will be about 8 - 8.30pm . With pens - about 9.30pm. (so about a 2 or 3 hour window to get everyone back south)

Anyone wanting to get back to Lewes or eastbourne will need to be at hastings for the 2330 so will be very tight especially with extra time or penelties last viable train would be the 2154 giving 5 mins to spare. Anyone straight into hastings will be able to get as late as the 2354 arriving back at 130am. Due to the tight schedule rail replacement from Lewes maybe a better bet for anyone from there

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
The train options will be this.

- Via Hove/Littlehampton (2 hours 10 mins) to London.

- Or on there will be buses from Brighton to Three Bridges, HH to Three Bridges and the stations in between and onwards from there.

The extra time for rail replacement buses

- The timetable is currently showing Brighton - Victoria as 1 hour 30 mins instead of 1 hour.
- For HH it will be an extra 10 mins or so.

Enough trains/ buses ?
- The frequency is as per normal with regular trains back til 11.20 and the last train is 1am.
- If its similar to other line closure days there will be multiple buses , even for tens of thousands of fans instead.

Can anyone advise if East Grinstead - Clapham Junction - Willesden Junction - Wembley Central is viable or advisable?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Can't wait for Southern to realise all their staff have booked holidays that weekend and there'll be a skeleton service....

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Narrowing it down but having not been to Wembley since Notts Co any advice from 'regs' appreciated

Not bothered about the journey up but looking for best (least agg) getting back

1) - Nearest but crowded? - Wembley Central - Willesden - Clapham - Brighton
2) - Least busy? - Wembley North - Willesden - Clapham - Brighton
3) - Sneaky alternative? - Wembley Stadium - Marleybone - London Bridge - Brighton

Bubble

Jan 9, 2017
Woodingdean
Narrowing it down but having not been to Wembley since Notts Co any advice from 'regs' appreciated

Not bothered about the journey up but looking for best (least agg) getting back

1) - Nearest but crowded? - Wembley Central - Willesden - Clapham - Brighton
2) - Least busy? - Wembley North - Willesden - Clapham - Brighton
3) - Sneaky alternative? - Wembley Stadium - Marleybone - London Bridge - Brighton

When I’ve done the return journey for Englang games my preferred route is:
Wembley Stadium - Marylebone - Victoria - Brighton
Rationale...fastest route to Marylebone, then either tube or taxi if running late to get the Brighton train. Plus lots of places to go for a post match meal and drinks around Marylebone and adjacent areas.

On the way up, if it’s a good day, I walk and do a pub crawl to Marylebone.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Trains on 6th April Brighton - Three Bridges. ENGINEERING WORK POSTPONED, TRAINS RUNNING AS NORMAL
This is far too sensible - I sense a glitch in the matrix.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here