Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trains on 6th April Brighton - Three Bridges. ENGINEERING WORK POSTPONED, TRAINS RUNNING AS NORMAL

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can see a lot of people driving/getting coach for this especially as it will be a late kick off which means getting home to Brighton on a bus from Three Bridges afterwards will be quite late.

Agreed. It's well worth hopping on to Just Park, and similar, now and bagging yourself a driveway space in the area and be ahead of the herd.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Agreed. It's well worth hopping on to Just Park, and similar, now and bagging yourself a driveway space in the area and be ahead of the herd.

Just done this and booked the same spot as for the Spurs game last season. I0 mins walk to the stadium and a quick getaway afterwards.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Travel to Wembley with engineering work between Three Bridges and Brighton 6/7 April 2019

I notice that the railway line is closed between Brighton and Three Bridges (and the Three Bridges car park too) for the weekend of the FA Cup semi final...

Major improvement work between Three Bridges and Brighton / Lewes / Hove on Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 April

What do you recommend travelwise?

Brave the bus replacement service from Brighton/Hove/Lewes to Three Bridges?

Drive part of the way? If so to where?

Drive the whole way? If so where would you park?

Something else?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure how much Just Park is, but local knowledge does come in handy.
I do know Albion fans have parked here, when we've played in London and Wembley.
Hop on the tube for a 15/20 minute ride to Wembley.
https://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/ruislip-stn-lul/

Price for justpark varies - around Wembley it's typically £10-20. Read the details of spaces carefully as some are only suitable fro small cars etc. Have used it loads of times in several cities and never had an issue - has always worked very well. Usually find deliberately looking for something a 20-30 min walk away from any big stadium means a much faster getaway afterwards

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Mate of my Dad works for Network Rail; told me once that these engineering works are planned years in advance. Not sure I 100% believe that but not much to be done if that's the case.

To be fair to Network Rail, they can hardly plan their weekend engineering works around the vagaries of the FA Cup. If it wasn't for the freak combination of a wicked whipped-in Solly free kick and a flapping Millwall keeper that weekend's engineering works would be the mother of non-issues.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Mate of my Dad works for Network Rail; told me once that these engineering works are planned years in advance. Not sure I 100% believe that but not much to be done if that's the case.

These ones have been publicly announced since at least August last year, after they rejigged things from the original plans which were announced in January last year.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is there anywhere handy to park in Three Bridges? I don't fancy driving all the way to Wembley from Hove but really don't fancy the rail replacement bus on the journey back.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Is there anywhere handy to park in Three Bridges? I don't fancy driving all the way to Wembley from Hove but really don't fancy the rail replacement bus on the journey back.

Direct trains from Hove to London via the Arun Valley, takes a couple of hours but at least you can drink on the train and probably be in the company of a lot of other fans.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Direct trains from Hove to London via the Arun Valley, takes a couple of hours but at least you can drink on the train and probably be in the company of a lot of other fans.

At least it's not Man UTD we're playing so the trains up won't be full of their fans on the way up

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Seagulls Travel have announced their services.
Two options, coaches at £25 or a bus at £20 (no toilets). Memories of '83 when all the double deckers left the greyhound stadium. Toilet break (no M25 back then) was that building as you enter Croyden, opposite Costco.
They have said prices will increase as demand goes higher as they have to bring in coaches from further afield.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
The train options will be this.

- Via Hove/Littlehampton (2 hours 10 mins) to London.

- Or on there will be buses from Brighton to Three Bridges, HH to Three Bridges and the stations in between and onwards from there.

The extra time for rail replacement buses

- The timetable is currently showing Brighton - Victoria as 1 hour 30 mins instead of 1 hour.
- For HH it will be an extra 10 mins or so.

Enough trains/ buses ?
- The frequency is as per normal with regular trains back til 11.20 and the last train is 1am.
- If its similar to other line closure days there will be multiple buses , even for tens of thousands of fans instead.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

- Or on there will be buses from Brighton to Three Bridges, HH to Three Bridges and the stations in between and onwards from there.

- The timetable is currently showing Brighton - Victoria as 1 hour 30 mins instead of 1 hour.

Enough trains/ buses ?
- The frequency is as per normal with regular trains back til 11.20 and the last train is 1am.
- If its similar to other line closure days there will be multiple buses , even for tens of thousands of fans instead.

from Durrington it's 2 hours by train to Victoria, changing at Angmering.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Enough trains/ buses ?

Anyone East of the county will have the option hastings to London Bridge. Around an hour and a half journey. So maybe 2 hours from eastbourne and 2.15 from Lewes way.
Add to that tube to Euston and change to Wembley Park about 45 mins. So between 215-330 to get there depending how Far East you start

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here