Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have been a critic but today he looked a very good player who played with passion :thumbsup:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
He's been the one silver lining of the cloud we've been under since the turn of the year.

Which makes his exclusion from the starting lineup today unfathomable and unforgivable.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Cheers Solly, you changed the match, we were dire until you came on.

Premier league class and a Sussex lad. Proud.

Love the bloke.

I have no idea why he didn't start
Makes no sense whatsoever.

I am one of the few remaining Hughton in on this board, but even I was scratching my head at his starting 11.

Calamitous.

IMO MOM performance in 45 minutes.
Kudos young man.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Love the bloke.

I have no idea why he didn't start
Makes no sense whatsoever.

I am one of the few remaining Hughton in on this board, but even I was scratching my head at his starting 11.

Calamitous.

IMO MOM performance in 45 minutes.
Kudos young man.

This, Izzy offers nowt. Give him a rest now and a fresh start in August.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
March Bissouma Knockhaert changed the game !! Thank God !! First half was a throwback to Bournemouth/Cardiff !!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
March should be one of the first 3 or 4 on the team sheet for me and he showed why today. But I’m absolutely dumbfounded that, having rectified his mistake at half time and then having watched March torture Ritchie for 25 minutes, CH then shifted
March’s position to the left where he’s both less effective and clearly less comfortable. I’m glad it paid off but it killed momentum for a period after the change which could’ve proven costly. We need to stop with this round pegs in square holes crap.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
March should be one of the first 3 or 4 on the team sheet for me and he showed why today. But I’m absolutely dumbfounded that, having rectified his mistake at half time and then having watched March torture Ritchie for 25 minutes, CH then shifted
March’s position to the left where he’s both less effective and clearly less comfortable. I’m glad it paid off but it killed momentum for a period after the change which could’ve proven costly. We need to stop with this round pegs in square holes crap.

I had assumed this was agreed between the players. But you are probably right it was Hughton's call.

Kind of made sense though.
Knocky was pretty good when he came on.
Maybe he wouldn't have been so effective.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This season he’s been a constant shining light, in an often inept first team.

If CH gets ‘clever’ and drops him, he’ll lose so many of those who are loyal.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Single handedly transformed the game when he came on. Up to that point we were so pitifully static that we allowed Newcastle to string 20 passes together without challenge, let alone any attempt at taking the game to them. It was shocking to watch. The subs today saved the day and probably the season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This season he’s been a constant shining light, in an often inept first team.

If CH gets ‘clever’ and drops him, he’ll lose so many of those who are loyal.

Listening to 5live commentary of the wolves game, in amongst the bemoaning of our tactics, Chris Waddle talked about Solly's qualities at length.
He clearly rates Solly highly.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
He was great today but there are a lot on here with very short memories - for a time earlier in the season he was scapegoat number one on here and everyone was calling on Ali J to play before his turn came. Then no one could understand why Izzy wasn't being selected until he was and round we go again. Bottom line is our players are frustratingly inconsistent.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Listening to 5live commentary of the wolves game, in amongst the bemoaning of our tactics, Chris Waddle talked about Solly's qualities at length.
He clearly rates Solly highly.

So do we. Possibly our joint player of the season with Bernardo, has started far too rarely.

Izquierdo, Locadia, Gross, Andone and Jahanbakhsh (yes, I realise some aren’t wingers, but CH played them there at times), are simply several levels down on wing play, compared to Solly.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He was great today but there are a lot on here with very short memories - for a time earlier in the season he was scapegoat number one on here and everyone was calling on Ali J to play before his turn came. Then no one could understand why Izzy wasn't being selected until he was and round we go again. Bottom line is our players are frustratingly inconsistent.

Is very true.

Personally I never scapegoated Solly. He lacked confidence last season, but this term has upped his game a great deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here