Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This thread is hilarious. If his overhit freekick is caught, as it would be 999 times out of 1,000 - then there's nothing positive being said. Good driving run which led to Locadia's goal, and then he was influential in extra time but let's be fair here. He came on at 0-0 and it wasn't until we went 2-0 down that the whole team start performing as we should have from the start, with pace, passion and purpose. It's easier to play in those circumstances, and against a tired team. Plus, he's playing in the position he wants to play in on the right hand side of midfield.

Ali J is being asked to play in a position which adds no value to anybody, it's a total waste. You can't judge him fairly on todays crap show from the whole team. It won't stop people who have already made up their minds, of course - but the game should be viewed in the full context.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Solly caught they eye when he came on, but let's face it, we'd been utter gash up to that point. And he did well against below average championship players who were tiring.

The overall performance typifies our season, JAM whilst in transition.

New Seagull

Sep 27, 2015
I’m a big Solly fan, he gets too much stick from many, but he uses both feet & takes players on inside & out as well as helps out in defending.
He showed his class today & that he is probably our best winger.
AK & Izzy are so predictable, always cutting inside but Solly has more to his game.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Very pleased for him. This could be the start of him really kicking on. He'll always be remembered for that and the Wigan winner. Big moment player.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
This thread is hilarious. If his overhit freekick is caught, as it would be 999 times out of 1,000 - then there's nothing positive being said. Good driving run which led to Locadia's goal, and then he was influential in extra time but let's be fair here. He came on at 0-0 and it wasn't until we went 2-0 down that the whole team start performing as we should have from the start, with pace, passion and purpose. It's easier to play in those circumstances, and against a tired team. Plus, he's playing in the position he wants to play in on the right hand side of midfield.

Ali J is being asked to play in a position which adds no value to anybody, it's a total waste. You can't judge him fairly on todays crap show from the whole team. It won't stop people who have already made up their minds, of course - but the game should be viewed in the full context.

Ninja what's up with you, we have just won against a very difficult opponent. We have won a place in the Semi final of the FA Cup. Ok we may get humiliated in the Semi, but come on we have got there......please please find some positives.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ninja what's up with you, we have just won against a very difficult opponent. We have won a place in the Semi final of the FA Cup. Ok we may get humiliated in the Semi, but come on we have got there......please please find some positives.

What's the problem? Just pointing out that we were incredibly lucky today, let's not try and hide from reality. We're in a Cup Semi Final and I'll be there! It's reward for all the low points in our history, there's no reason to pretend that we were better than we were or that it needed a huge goalkeeping error to get us there. We're there - so let's go and win it!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
What's the problem? Just pointing out that we were incredibly lucky today, let's not try and hide from reality. We're in a Cup Semi Final and I'll be there! It's reward for all the low points in our history, there's no reason to pretend that we were better than we were or that it needed a huge goalkeeping error to get us there. We're there - so let's go and win it!

With you there:bowdown:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He single handedly rescued us today, what a performance! It was like Birmingham away in the promotion season, he completely changed the game in our favour.

And the official Twitter account didn’t even put him in the top 4 for man of the match, Montoya made it though! [emoji23]

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Incredibly lucky - on the other hand VAR is in play and we score 4 goals to their one...

.anyway you sound like my Dad, who gives a flying ****, we won the game, we're in the semis. Thats what matters

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
agreed. Best sub performance since we beat Birmingham away in the Championship. I can't remember who it was who came on but similar to today, he completely changed the game.

Indeed. And it was probably the most exciting Solly has looked since that game at Birmingham, thats the Solly-promise we've been so excited about, can he do that more often please!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Assist, a goal, scored his pen. MOTM on the BBC website and Who Scored, not bad given he played less than half the game but I’m sure you know best :ffsparr:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Not really that lucky considering if we had VAR we would've scored 3 legitimate goals and had a penalty correctly given, and they would've had a goal correctly chalked off. If all decisions are correct the probable full time score would've been 4-1 to the Albion.

Hardly got the rub of the green luck wise across the 120 mins, quite the opposite infact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here