Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fullbacks-concerning

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Both Montoya and Bernado had shocking games today. Yes both like to get forward but both defensively dodgy at times. You could argue that Knocky and the mad eyed Iranian didn't track back too often to give cover. Surely Sterling and other PL wingers of his ilk must be licking their lips. Also what has happened to Montoya's crossing? Trouble is Bruno and Bong are not really an improvement. Bernado is young and will develop into a great full back in time and you can't expect consistency at his age. Montoya- loved this guy when he first came in but now I'm thinking he should be back up next season and a new face brought in. Anyone else concerned?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Yes am also concerned about Montoya , his crossing today was awful, and defensively to me does not seem stronger enough

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Neither had a great game today but concerned? No. They’ll both bounce back.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I thought Bernado was one of our better players today, watching from the away end. But each to their own....

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Bernardo was fairly decent imo, messed up a bit for their 2nd goal but was getting a lot of rough treatment. Montoya on the other hand was abysmal, his crossing was so, so poor. But he did have a decent game vs Palace last time out so won't complain if Chris sticks with him for the Soton game.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Both Montoya and Bernado had shocking games today. Yes both like to get forward but both defensively dodgy at times. You could argue that Knocky and the mad eyed Iranian didn't track back too often to give cover. Surely Sterling and other PL wingers of his ilk must be licking their lips. Also what has happened to Montoya's crossing? Trouble is Bruno and Bong are not really an improvement. Bernado is young and will develop into a great full back in time and you can't expect consistency at his age. Montoya- loved this guy when he first came in but now I'm thinking he should be back up next season and a new face brought in. Anyone else concerned?
If you think full backs are our priority in the summer, then get a grip. We need players now who will improve the team, not the squad. That means two or three big money signings in midfield and to a slightly less extent up front. Our full backs may not be world beaters, but they are up to standard for where we are - if we start chasing full backs now as a priority (like Saward did) we're doomed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We’ll definitely be bringing a new right back in this Summer id say. And possibly left back too. Like both but always room for improvement in the squad in this division.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
If you think full backs are our priority in the summer, then get a grip. We need players now who will improve the team, not the squad. That means two or three big money signings in midfield and to a slightly less extent up front. Our full backs may not be world beaters, but they are up to standard for where we are - if we start chasing full backs now as a priority (like Saward did) we're doomed.

not saying we need to chase full backs but we need a better first choice RB for next season on this evidence

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought Bernado was one of our better players today, watching from the away end. But each to their own....

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Apart from the lapse that led to the second goal I thought he defended well but I did get the impression he might have been taking lessons in crossing from Bong :smile:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Montoya should have had an assist in the last minute for his onside cross to Jurgen. Bernardo is fine, he's now unbeaten in his last 7 apps for the Albion, relax people. I think we'll probably sign another couple of full backs this summer anyway to replace Bruno and Bong but they certainly won't be the priority.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bernardo was up against arguably their best player today, who incidentally I suggested we should look at when he was at Portsmouth and available. Montoya for me is our best option at right back and I have nothing whatsoever against his performances

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here