Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Penalty Shoot Out Heros

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Thought Dunk’s penalty was brilliant considering the pressure of when he took it and the fact that he is a centre back.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
dunk3.jpg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
This is what Wembley means.

celeb3.jpg

Jul 7, 2003
Thought Dunk’s penalty was brilliant considering the pressure of when he took it and the fact that he is a centre back.

Position has nothing to do with the ability to take a penalty. Many of the best penalty takers over the years have been defenders - Ray Stewart would be a good place to start.

I took penalties as a keeper for one team as I was the best penalty taker we had. I was a crap striker but never missed a penalty in 30+ years of playing in goal or in defence.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I thought the Millwall Captain's Penalty was bloody good, because all the pressure was on them at the time!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The guy who blazed it over the bar for Millwall reminded me of Waddle's penalty in 1990 when England lost to Germany.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
All the penalties were good, except Stephens which a better keeper would have had. Even Murray's was a centimeter or two from being an excellent penalty.

We have a very good record at penalties.

Great, Stephens scores his penalty, but it was a crap penalty, whereas Murray misses and it was nearly an excellent penalty... do I detect you don’t like Dale Stephens?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Great, Stephens scores his penalty, but it was a crap penalty, whereas Murray misses and it was nearly an excellent penalty... do I detect you don’t like Dale Stephens?

i know :ffsparr:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
All the penalties were good, except Stephens which a better keeper would have had. Even Murray's was a centimeter or two from being an excellent penalty.

We have a very good record at penalties.

I do think Stephen's was better than Murray's though 😉

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I don't like Ryan's technique much tho, TBH (yesses, I know he saved one), all this bouncing around trying to put off the taker. Surely better to have your weight balanced on both feet, and try to judge which side it's going. Any keepers on here with a view? Am I being harsh? ��

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I don't like Ryan's technique much tho, TBH (yesses, I know he saved one), all this bouncing around trying to put off the taker. Surely better to have your weight balanced on both feet, and try to judge which side it's going. Any keepers on here with a view? Am I being harsh? ��

Reminded me a bit of Bruce Grobelaar's technique.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Murray orchestrated the whole penalty deal. He knew that Neil Harris is a firm believer that the first team to miss a penalty will win the shoot out. The Millwall team felt Harris's negative vibes the moment Murray missed.
Glenn Murray, shootout hero.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here