Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let's start the ticket binfest

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I suppose ours is a fairly unusual case as this is our first time at Wembley in a long long time, and our first time at the new version. In stark contrast to Manchester City who have been countless times in recent years.

Looking at the attendances for both semis last season;

Man U v Spurs - 84,667
Chelsea v Saints - 73,416

5000 empty seats and over 16,500 empty seats respectively.

I will make the bold prediction now that everyone who wants to go will be able to.

The dilemma I am having with myself already is when do I buy my ticket whilst keeping in mind who I want to sit with. My brother and I are season ticket holders, but I will want to get tickets for at least 3 others who I will want to sit with who are not ST holders. Do we wait and chance it? Or get 2 tickets initially and get the other 3 as close as possible to our seats....

Good stats. I speculated this morning, elsewhere, that how tickets go for this could be interesting. As you suggest, City have been to Wembley a lot, and a semi against us is not a big draw for them.

I'm surprised at the Saints attendance. I know they've been to Wembley a few times, but I thought they'd sell almost whatever tickets they could get, within reason, for a semi like that.

I would imagine a fair few people will be in your position - buy now for those who can, or gamble and wait for later to include those with lower priority.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
This is my problem too as I expect it will be for many. I can't think of any way that the club can accommodate it. I suspect we will have to buy our own tickets (with F&F) of the same level and then wait until the next tranche. In my case my kids want to go but only have a purchase history. I can't really wait for what is pretty well general sale in the hope of getting 4 together

bound to be some catorgories just so they can try and spread the load a bit.

Hold nerve and shouldn't be a problem getting one.

No idea what tickets best in terms of atmosphere etc.

Both the 91 and Cardiff games you had dead areas

That's if you prefer to make lots of noise

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Good stats. I speculated this morning, elsewhere, that how tickets go for this could be interesting. As you suggest, City have been to Wembley a lot, and a semi against us is not a big draw for them.

I'm surprised at the Saints attendance. I know they've been to Wembley a few times, but I thought they'd sell almost whatever tickets they could get, within reason, for a semi like that.

I would imagine a fair few people will be in your position - buy now for those who can, or gamble and wait for later to include those with lower priority.

The real reason for a 32,000 allocation going to each club, is that the other 26,000 will go to Noel and Liam Gallagher, and the rest of their nodding dog entourage :D

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You'll usually get some people who don't go to the semi - 'saving their money' for the Final. I don't think that's likely to apply to our fans given the rarity of the occasion and the calibre of the opposition.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

I go swimming with a Saints fan. I remember he was complaining that he couldn't get tickets last year because he wanted to take his daughter who didn't have a purchase history and they wouldn't flog him tickets because of that as I think Chelsea had sold out. They'd also had a league cup final a couple of years prior that meant a number of fans had been (and I think a JPT final as well). Rightly or wrongly, It wasn't a bigger deal to them as it will be to us.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Out of interest, having never been to Wembley before, where's the singing section focussed? I'm sure the atmosphere will be great wherever you're sat, but for those who want to scream bloody murder for 90 mins, I suppose behind the goal (lower tier?) is best. But then maybe it's dependent on pricing for each category of seats, as to where the loudest group will be.

Is there leniency with standing - how strict is it enforced?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
23K season ticket holders, of which a good 10% won't be going for whatever reason, so that leaves about 13-14K for everyone else depending on allocation. I'm failry sure anyone with a purchase history this season that wants to go will get a ticket.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm pretty sure that anyone who wants a ticket will get one.

Kick off time/cost/trains etc. will put some off.

I've got two questions for PB:

I know I'll get a ticket (as everyone who was at Millwall / Palace will) but I might hold back purchasing until my wife, who is only a Bronze member can get one OR will STH get the chance to buy an additional ticket for Bronze members (with a certain number of points)?

Secondly - will the club encourage those who want to stand/sing etc. to go for certain blocks? (As other clubs have done in the recent past?)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Out of interest, having never been to Wembley before, where's the singing section focussed? I'm sure the atmosphere will be great wherever you're sat, but for those who want to scream bloody murder for 90 mins, I suppose behind the goal (lower tier?) is best. But then maybe it's dependent on pricing for each category of seats, as to where the loudest group will be.

Is there leniency with standing - how strict is it enforced?

Good questions

IMHO the club need to decide where the more vocal fans should be before they start selling tickets.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Why are people saying we haven't played at the new Wembley before?

Short memories, we played there last season against Spurs. Although we lost was a good night out.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Why are people saying we haven't played at the new Wembley before?

Short memories, we played there last season against Spurs. Although we lost was a good night out.

Fair point well made. Ok so for the majority of Albion fans this will be a first visit following BHA.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
So it is confirmed then, 3pm kickoff on the Saturday the 6th... tis on the website.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
So it is confirmed then, 3pm kickoff on the Saturday the 6th... tis on the website.

No 3pm Saturday is the default for both semi-final matches on a lot of websites. It actually can't be that and be shown on TV because of the 3pm Saturday TV embargo. It will be 5:15 Saturday probably.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It'll be before or after the 3pm TV blackout so probably something like 5.15pm k/o

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here