Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia's semi

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
A free kick overhit and pretty much thumped out of play in the last second of the game is a Premier League class goal? :lolol: I'm all for the positivity, but let's not totally divorce reality. There was nothing Premier League quality about that freekick, or the goalkeeping fumbled it into the net.

To be fair, he's really shit outside of the area. But given a chance in the box and the man puts it away - that's what he does. No point playing him outside the area because he has nothing to offer but he'll take a goalscoring chance. He's like a less heralded Ruud Van Nistelrooy - and he was pretty popular for being able to score goals inside the area!
REALLY NINJA?......really disappointed in you......his hold up play is excellent. How many times did he give the ball away TODAY? None nil zilch he was excellent, I just don't get the grief he gets on here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair, he's really shit outside of the area. But given a chance in the box and the man puts it away - that's what he does. No point playing him outside the area because he has nothing to offer but he'll take a goalscoring chance. He's like a less heralded Ruud Van Nistelrooy - and he was pretty popular for being able to score goals inside the area!
I bet he had more touches outside the area than a fair few other players who'd been on the pitch since the start.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought March got us there, plus he's one of our own

Is he one of our own? He was 17 and a half when he signed for us and had been at Palace, Eastbourne and Lewes prior to the Seagulls.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
REALLY NINJA?......really disappointed in you......his hold up play is excellent. How many times did he give the ball away TODAY? None nil zilch he was excellent, I just don't get the grief he gets on here.

Why? It's a criticism, but I think it's perfectly fair, he's not contributing anything outside of the area. But he scores goals inside it, what's the problem with that? Personally, I think I'd be playing him with Murray but telling them both to be selfish in the area. His hold up play is fine, there's no real problem there. The man is a striker, he's not a winger. I don't want to see him on the wing again, it's a waste of everyones time. He's a striker, and if he gets a chance in the box - he takes it. I love that attribute and I think its about time our team is set up to get the most out of players like Locadia who scores goals when presented with chances in the box, and Jahanbakhsh who would be a MENACE playing on the right wing. We have Murray, Andone and Locadia who can all score goals with proper service. Why not set up the team to best serve them?

I bet he had more touches outside the area than a fair few other players who'd been on the pitch since the start.

Against a team no longer denying us space in their half, you know the contextual difference between the first 70 minutes and the final 20, plus extra time. He did what he was sent on to do, he did what he does when he's presented with the ball in the box. He scored the goal - so why not serve him better in those positions?! There's nothing dirty about setting your team up to score the maximum number of goals you can...

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Why? It's a criticism, but I think it's perfectly fair, he's not contributing anything outside of the area. But he scores goals inside it, what's the problem with that? Personally, I think I'd be playing him with Murray but telling them both to be selfish in the area. His hold up play is fine, there's no real problem there. The man is a striker, he's not a winger. I don't want to see him on the wing again, it's a waste of everyones time. He's a striker, and if he gets a chance in the box - he takes it. I love that attribute and I think its about time our team is set up to get the most out of players like Locadia who scores goals when presented with chances in the box, and Jahanbakhsh who would be a MENACE playing on the right wing. We have Murray, Andone and Locadia who can all score goals with proper service. Why not set up the team to best serve them?

Against a team no longer denying us space in their half, you know the contextual difference between the first 70 minutes and the final 20, plus extra time. He did what he was sent on to do, he did what he does when he's presented with the ball in the box. He scored the goal - so why not serve him better in those positions?! There's nothing dirty about setting your team up to score the maximum number of goals you can...

No don't often disagree with you and I respect your opinion but he did nothing wrong....steadied up the midfield with a few shimies and lay off not withstanding a stunning goal......so he cost North of 16million but I think he did more today in 10 minutes than Murray...Knocky....Izzy.....Ali......didnt HE?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Locadia apart from his goal played well.....he is very good at shielding the ball and is a threat, he gets some bad shit on here.

Its pathetic, some people just want instant results. Takes a while for players to bed in..

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No don't often disagree with you and I respect your opinion but he did nothing wrong....steadied up the midfield with a few shimies and lay off not withstanding a stunning goal......so he cost North of 16million but I think he did more today in 10 minutes than Murray...Knocky....Izzy.....Ali......didnt HE?

To be fair, I was being more general than just talking about today. Today he did nothing wrong and took his chances beautifully, I just think it's clear what his skillset is and we should be playing to it more than we currently are. He made the impact you would want him to but I don't want to see him playing left wing any time soon.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
To be fair, I was being more general than just talking about today. Today he did nothing wrong and took his chances beautifully, I just think it's clear what his skillset is and we should be playing to it more than we currently are. He made the impact you would want him to but I don't want to see him playing left wing any time soon.

Agreed he is a shoe in for Murray IMHO and does not get given the credit he deserves. He shields the ball so well.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A free kick overhit and pretty much thumped out of play in the last second of the game is a Premier League class goal? :lolol: I'm all for the positivity, but let's not totally divorce reality. There was nothing Premier League quality about that freekick, or the goalkeeping fumbled it into the net.

The reality is the free kick fooled the keeper and went in. Not one iota of your opinion can change that.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
1D062378-032E-4A8C-B453-DB11945DBE17.png

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Played better than Glenn. Anyone see that picture during the penalties? He's on the end and the only player not hugging the others.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here