Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I’m now pro VAR - disgraceful officiating

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
Was at the game and i think the women Lino absolutely shat herself at all the Neanderthals shouting at her in the first 5 mins and from then on every decision she made went their way

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
You didn't need to be an expert in lipreading when the 4th official told the lino that Locardias "goal" was on side. The only major decision that the office got right today was the sending off which deserves more than a 3 match ban imho.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Presumably they'll have VAR in use for the semi, so they can confirm there wasn't anything fishy about man city's six goals

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You didn't need to be an expert in lipreading when the 4th official told the lino that Locardias "goal" was on side. The only major decision that the office got right today was the sending off which deserves more than a 3 match ban imho.
No you just needed to see the lino's face.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I don't want VAR. I just want competent officials.

Today's ref and that lino who gave our 'winner' offside shouldn't be anywhere near professional football.

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Still don’t want VAR. Would have still be against it if we’d lost today.

It’s rubbish in its current state, a bad ref doesn’t change that.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Still don’t want VAR. Would have still be against it if we’d lost today.

It’s rubbish in its current state, a bad ref doesn’t change that.

Agree, despite worse officials we've seen in a long while this afternoon

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It was really terrible from all the officials. Luckily justice was done. Doesn't normally work out that way.

What was also satisfying was the player who rugby tackled Murray missed the final penalty. Clearly more used to rugby generally.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
When VAR first started did think it was a crap idea - now a convert too

Swansea were robbed yesterday - as we very nearly were today too

VAR should be mandatory for all FA Cup quarter finals next year - and the FA should pay for it themselves if non PL teams grounds are the excuse

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
She lost her bottle I think. Had a few wannabe hard men shouting so put the flag up. They even aluded to this in the commentary about how brave she’d have been to do that in front of the Millwall ‘fans’ - ****ing irrelevant - rules are rules!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Using technology is a must, but how it's used is the important bit. Cricket has it right. I don't watch rugby, but don't they have a 4th official? With TV etc? That's the way to do it, swiftly, accurately and scientifically.

the standard of officiating in the premiership is far lower than in the lower leagues, relatively. The game is fast and snide at times, the officials need to be highly professional, full time, and appropriately remunerated.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can someone put up a clip of the “offside goal”? I was watching on a stream that kept freezing. I also missed the first Millwall penalty miss and thought it had been scored :rolleyes:

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Not got a clip but Montayo was onside by half a yard when Stephens hit the pass - rest was quick thinking by Locadia

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What was also satisfying was the player who rugby tackled Murray missed the final penalty. Clearly more used to rugby generally.

He wrestled Duffy as he went for a header in the first half too.
I said, when stepped up for the final penalty, it would be 'justice' if he missed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here