Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jahanbakhsh

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I like him, clearly got ability on the ball and was very good against Hudds and Palace. He started ok today and then seemed to get lost in the dross around him.

Don’t know how you can pick on him particularly today, literally the whole starting team were dreadful until the last few minutes of the 90.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
With £110m of broadcasting money having to cover wages as well, I think we’ll spend no more than £60m on transfer fees.

(Arrogantly assuming that we’re staying updated!)

Don’t worry we are up. By the time we play Cardiff it will be a dead rubber. Enjoy Wembley.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Don't think he is quick enough to effect a game. Nice touch but not quick enough to take people on.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
AJ and Bissouma a level above in training is what I've heard. Be nice if they could show that on match days

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Got to feel a wee bit sorry for him. What I mean is from the off he was so out of his depth with how Millwall play.

Obviously they were going to rub us up the wrong way and do a Burnley on us if they could bully us without getting pulled up by the officials (Box ticked)

Then they targeted the nervy ones, Jahanbakhsh was ideal as he hadn't a clue what was happening in this couldron (another box ticked)

Hughton had to get him off at half time but waited until it was almost too late, you know the rest :albion2:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We need a clear out and injection of 4x quality players. If we can dominate midfield, and attack more. Naturally our big signings will have more opportunities. Spend £100m and focus on two quality midfielders, 1x striker and 1x defender.

But are we going to find players of the quality we seek who fit within our wage structure? Seems unlikely

Sammakii

Mar 18, 2019
Tell this to the coach for awkward arrange
JB on left?? Why???
Look forward to his national debuts and watch how a coach can use such a player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Need a big powerhouse in midfield, like doucoure style who gets goals too. Gross is too slow.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There were a couple of Dutch fans in the crowd yesterday. the one I spoke to was a mate of Ali J, he has said Ali J' record is that he has taken a season to settle then has been brilliant in second season. He was not so favourable about Locadia,

Based on yesterday though Locadia did more in 20 mins (or less) than Ali J did in 70 but I think that does really capture the real essence of the game. The reality is that when Ali J was on he was no better/no worse than most and the team was poor whilst Locadia's contribution came when in the last 10 minutes we applied so much pressure. That said his was a great goal , very well taken.

So for me the jury is out on Ali J (not sh*t but still needs to improve). Locadia went up a notch in my opinion though really needs to take some lessons on how to head the ball or at least how to challenge when contesting headers.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
AJ and Bissouma a level above in training is what I've heard. Be nice if they could show that on match days

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

I have heard the same, seen glimpses of quality from both. AJ was excellent against Palace both defensively and attacking. Shame about injuries during the season but he has got a good win ratio for us.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Tell this to the coach for awkward arrange
JB on left?? Why???
Look forward to his national debuts and watch how a coach can use such a player.

It’s not just Hughton. He did nothing in the World Cup because you were so defensive.

The thing about the Premier League is you have to earn the right to play. We have March and Knockeart who both like to play on the right. Jahanbaksh has to prove he is better than these two both in training and on a match day. We have won three games on the trot:

- Huddersfield- knockaert gets the assist for the winner
- Palace - knockaert scores the winner
- Millwall - March changes the game with an assist and a (lucky) winner

How can Hughton even contemplate Jahanbaksh on the right given those performances?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
So true. Would rather spend £60m on two players, rather than £15m on four players.

Point is the prices aren't always elastic where talent is fused There are plenty of £30m flops around.

Benteke, anyone ?

Interestingly, his services only cost about £6m before the start of his better days.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I like him, clearly got ability on the ball and was very good against Hudds and Palace. He started ok today and then seemed to get lost in the dross around him.

Don’t know how you can pick on him particularly today, literally the whole starting team were dreadful until the last few minutes of the 90.

Well you know how it is....a bad game and suddenly you are crap....not sure how many games the OP gets to these days so relies on the odd match covered by tv ..perhaps not the best way to come to some sort of conclusion about a player....still thats football for ya

Sammakii

Mar 18, 2019
It’s not just Hughton. He did nothing in the World Cup because you were so defensive.

The thing about the Premier League is you have to earn the right to play. We have March and Knockeart who both like to play on the right. Jahanbaksh has to prove he is better than these two both in training and on a match day. We have won three games on the trot:

- Huddersfield- knockaert gets the assist for the winner
- Palace - knockaert scores the winner
- Millwall - March changes the game with an assist and a (lucky) winner

How can Hughton even contemplate Jahanbaksh on the right given those performances?

That was the best strategy for iran national team to face Spain, Portugal and Morocco which is one of the top 3 of Africa.
If you check the asian games you will know it better in comparison to World cup.
And the other thing you said about two other right wingers, when one post is full of players and all of them are good players and must be present in lineup so you have to waste one of them in another roll. Isn’t it better to be knockaert or march than JB ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here