Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Millwall vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
A few points. Feel free to ignore.
- 3 massive decisions went against us. We're quite unlucky with these things and it will be interesting to see that table at the end of the season which weighs these things up. Last year weren't we the most unlucky?
- thought Ryan looked pretty 'small' in the penalties. Good save though.
- Montoya's crossing was offensively bad.
- big fan of Bernardo and thought he played well but if Bong had defended like that for their second I would have been livid.
- Stephens does slow our game down at times but he has bugger all movement in front of him. Great pass for our third goal.
- Locadia's touch and movement was better than Murrays.
- Locadia's penalty was better than Murrays.
- if we are to have any success in the semi's then I'm sure Glenn will be involved. We owe him so much.
- we missed Bissouma and Andone today.
- What was that incessant chant Millwall keep 'singing'. Dreadful. Neanderthals.
- awful cross from March.
- why was Harris so pissed off at the red decision. That stamp was Sunday league behaviour.
- hate watching .Man City games. They're so dominant and teams can't get out. Know Hughton will set us up well and we have a chance! Think we need Andone and .Bissouma (maybe Izzy too) to play to push them back.
- think we've been poor in the FA cup this season bar Bournemouth.
- Love our club.

stevewall

Feb 19, 2019
thought brighton didn't win it millwall lost it ,not a total surprise we have lost around 15 pts this season to goals conceded after the 90th min ,thought millwall deserved to win , that said brighton had far more about them in terms of grit and being part of a team than everton did and far better fans as well though should we play everton at the den any time soon they won't be as keen as they were a few weeks back ,, I live not to far from brighton and they are in all honesty like a 2nd team always happy to see them do well today exempted of course and I would live to see you go on and get to the final I really would , hope all those that came got home safe and good luck

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I know that means a ban but hey ho, never wanted Millwall to win i my life until today:ffsparr:
I'm guessing we won't be seeing this piss stain for a while. Typical gutless Palace vermin-they disappear for months then reappear when they think they can take the piss. This one is particularly thick and didn't wait for the final whistle. He was probably w@nking so hard that he hit the post button prematurely.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I had the pleasure of sitting in the middle of the Millwall supporters. Fortunately I managed to contain my joy on each occasion of celebration.

IMG_7253.JPG

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm so angry I'm going to write to the team and let them know they can't take my loyalty for granted.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

This post turned it around.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This match thread is hilarious, especially between posts 400 and 533, with posters wanting Hughton out, relegating us & general abuse for the team.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
thought millwall deserved to win
Brighton deserved a penalty in the first half, and your first goal should have been ruled out for a clear cheater's foul. Not to mention the other goal we scored, which was incorrectly disallowed. So really, no, Millwall didn't deserve to win.

I live not to far from brighton and they are in all honesty like a 2nd team always happy to see them do well today exempted of course and I would live to see you go on and get to the final I really would , hope all those that came got home safe and good luck
Thank you. Must say I'm a bit pissed off about the semis draw.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Think we need Andone and .Bissouma (maybe Izzy too) to play to push them back.
Need Izzy and Andone. Otherwise we'll be stuck in our own half, with the only questions being how how long can we hold out for, and how many can we restrict them to.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
No passion , no commitment , no determination , no talent .... and thats just the good points

Sorry but the FA VARsical cup for me after the quarter finals , yesterday Swansea were robbed by a lack of VAR and today Albion (I wont say robbed but certainly not helped) denied a stonewall penalty & a goal being chalked off because no VAR was in place.

Not going to use lack of VAR as an excuse , congrats to Millwall they wanted it more , the outplayed us and deserved it , very downbeat after that lacklustre display by what should be a far superior team that just looked (or did they) stay in the changing rooms.

LATE EDIT at least a very good late goal for Locadia but much too little too late

LATE LATE EDIT .... WOW didnt deserve it but GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL 2-2

This is an excellent post.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
**** sake.

Very, very disappointing.

Shown absolutely no quality at all.

Our tremendous cup heritage continues...

Plus side. Palace are also out and we smashed them last week. No one cares about the cup anyway... :whistle::tantrum:

I'll be honest: I'm not that disappointed this morning. Can't put my finger on why...

Fair play to Millwall though. No denying they deserve to win. And they've shown the pricks from Croydon how to generate a proper atmosphere.

Someone must have doctored this post. I'm sure it only said Fair play to Millwall though, they've shown those pricks from Croydon how to generate a proper atmosphere.:whistle:

What a crazy game.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
My 1st visit to the Den and I will just say that their reputation is well deserved. Nutcases. Not just a few. Thousands. Thousands of them! Most intimidating match I’ve been to in a very long time. Atmosphere was brilliant mind. Home fans were deafening at times, a boiling mass of scum and villainry that foamed with anger and fury - and that was just for our throw ins! Thank god for the Police because that lot are something else.

Really? Apart from the few that were obviously practicing sign language, I thought it was tame compared to the old den.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Bottlers on the day

Could have replied to so many of the idiots posting around 15:40, but felt this one about bottling was the one that needed highlighting most.

I don’t understand why anyone would use that description of a Brighton team? Sometimes things don’t work out, the tactics are flawed and you don’t get the rub of the green with decisions, but bottlers, sorry I don’t equate that with the likes of Dunk, Duffy, Murray etc.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Could have replied to so many of the idiots posting around 15:40, but felt this one about bottling was the one that needed highlighting most.

I don’t understand why anyone would use that description of a Brighton team? Sometimes things don’t work out, the tactics are flawed and you don’t get the rub of the green with decisions, but bottlers, sorry I don’t equate that with the likes of Dunk, Duffy, Murray etc.

At that point it is exactly how it felt to me, note I said ON THE DAY

Turns out that I was wrong but we had hardly had a shot until Locadia’s goal.

If that makes me an idiot we have different interpretations of the word

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here