Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Millwall vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My lad has just got back. One of his bezzies is a 'wall fan and offered him a ticket. From what he said, they get away with a lot in there. The stewards took loads of abuse. Funniest thing was the 'on the pitch' talk before Solly silenced them. He doesn't want to go back.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Exactly what I was saying very recently. Martin Tyler (who sounds a lot younger than his 73 years) is the best commentator for that very reason.

The others are like watching a game down the pub and having a couple of blokes behind you talking all the way through and putting their own spin on the game!

Not sure how long Tyler will carry on... will certain miss his.... "and it's live" when he stops!!

Was thinking this myself yesterday as I binge watched 5 games live - tellybox, not in person! - Brian Moore commentated, he did not pass on his own views. They were class back in the day.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Fair enough if that's your view.

I think she's done amazingly well, despite her gender. And from what I've noticed she seems to be one of the officials who generally performs consistently well.

The implication being "oh she's done pretty good, for a girl"

Unless I've misread your post, in which case apologies.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Disabled!
Watch them jumping around hugging each other at the end.
2 miracles in one afternoon, you don't often see that.
I know, before anyone has a pop, not all disabilities are visual.

I am disabled but can jump up and down for a few minutes & hug people!

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The implication being "oh she's done pretty good, for a girl"

Unless I've misread your post, in which case apologies.

No, that's not what I meant at all. The poster I quoted suggested she is where she is because she's a woman (due some sort of positive discrimination / being seen to be PC presumably). I disagreed. I think being a woman makes it harder to get in the position of running the line in the PL, because of the inherent sexism, bias and extra scrutiny a woman involved in football will attract, simply because they're female. And a female in that position will be well aware of that too, making it even harder for them. My view, as I already stated, is that she is one of the better officials in the PL, irrespective of gender.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
No, that's not what I meant at all. The poster I quoted suggested she is where she is because she's a woman (due some sort of positive discrimination / being seen to be PC presumably). I disagreed. I think because a woman makes it harder to get in the position of running the line in the PL, because of the inherent sexism, bias and extra scrutiny a woman involved in football will attract, simply because they're female. And a female in that position will be well aware of that too, making it even harder for them. My view, as I already stated, is that she is one of the better officials in the PL, irrespective of gender.

Fair do's! I read it wrong :thumbsup:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
No, that's not what I meant at all. The poster I quoted suggested she is where she is because she's a woman (due some sort of positive discrimination / being seen to be PC presumably). I disagreed. I think being a woman makes it harder to get in the position of running the line in the PL, because of the inherent sexism, bias and extra scrutiny a woman involved in football will attract, simply because they're female. And a female in that position will be well aware of that too, making it even harder for them. My view, as I already stated, is that she is one of the better officials in the PL, irrespective of gender.

Spot on.... she is!

boik

All our fans saying the commentators were biased against us are just hearing what they want to hear. After the Montoya booking Jenas explicitly calls out that the referee is favouring one side over the other. It’s very rare you hear that.

And Pearce knows more about our squad than most commentators he clearly has a soft spot for us. Also he and the studio must have said ten times that we could have had a penalty and that their goal shouldn’t have stood.

Well, JP lives a few doors up from Lewis now.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
606 had a caller just then, a Millwall fan, justifying the red card attack, because the player was angry about the decision to award Brighton an unjust freekick (the one we equalised from).

What a wnkr. Sutton in fairness, tried to put him straight, but dick for brains caller wasn’t having it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
606 had a caller just then, a Millwall fan, justifying the red card attack, because the player was angry about the decision to award Brighton an unjust freekick (the one we equalised from).

What a wnkr. Sutton in fairness, tried to put him straight, but dick for brains caller wasn’t having it.

One law for them....one for the rest of us :facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here