Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Millwall vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Personally I find her a bit flag-happy. What happened to keep your flag down if you’re not sure?

Obviously being a woman she gets extra scrutiny. Yet she mostly gets offside calls right, even really tight ones. She was obviously quite confident it was offside (she very quickly flagged), but she was wrong - it happens. That's why we need VAR in all the ties at this stage. Too much riding on it.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Ref and lino who got the offside wrong should never officiate again; absolutely shocking performance.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
So while we were pretty shit for the majority of the game you have to commend the mental character of the team. 2-0 down with two minutes to go but we kept going. And then we missed our first penalty in the shoot out but still we got through. First semi final in 36 years (and only our second ever) aside that mental strength is a real positive.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
She really, really, really isn’t you know.

She is absolutely shocking, and would be officiating a hell of a lot lower than she is, if not for her gender.
I'm getting bored of arguing one decision from a lino who I think is no better or worse than others but I would contend the missed offside when Millwall nearly scored in the second half from the other lino was a lot, lot worse as both players were running in the same direction making the decision much easier.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
She really, really, really isn’t you know.

She is absolutely shocking, and would be officiating a hell of a lot lower than she is, if not for her gender.

Fair enough if that's your view.

I think she's done amazingly well, despite her gender. And from what I've noticed she seems to be one of the officials who generally performs consistently well.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hmmm, ok.

You don't think it's possible that you, as a Brighton fan, is biased?

I didn't feel there was any clear favouring of Millwall. Respect for the what they had done to come this far, and respect for the job they, as a Championship team, were doing on us - which is a worthy topic to talk about. That's about it.

My own view is that their decibels and excitement were greater when Millwall went forward, any Albion failings criticised more.

Not a preplanned anti Albion thing, it happens in most televised games, there’s a narrative. It could be supporting an underdog, or Wenger’s Arsenal collapse again, or Spurs throwing away another title chance. Instead of calmly commenting on the game before them, most these days get sucked into bullshit big picture comments throughout games. I’m pretty sure that Peter Jones, Brackley, Tyler, Sinstadt, Brian Moore did/do simply commentate on what’s before them.

What was interesting in turning the sound down, was to witness players such as Kayal and AK playing alright, Brighton getting into the game, having a threat.

At the same time, a load of other NSC posters were fed up with our team, Jenas and Pearce.

Without the cacophony of Pearce/Jenas noise, I could rationally form my own opinion of the match.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As an aside I think that battle will help us in the league. That was some contribution from our bench, two high pressure pens in the shootout and we have Andone to come back. So pleased for Locadia and Solly.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
All our fans saying the commentators were biased against us are just hearing what they want to hear. After the Montoya booking Jenas explicitly calls out that the referee is favouring one side over the other. It’s very rare you hear that.

And Pearce knows more about our squad than most commentators he clearly has a soft spot for us. Also he and the studio must have said ten times that we could have had a penalty and that their goal shouldn’t have stood.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No passion , no commitment , no determination , no talent .... and thats just the good points

Sorry but the FA VARsical cup for me after the quarter finals , yesterday Swansea were robbed by a lack of VAR and today Albion (I wont say robbed but certainly not helped) denied a stonewall penalty & a goal being chalked off because no VAR was in place.

Not going to use lack of VAR as an excuse , congrats to Millwall they wanted it more , the outplayed us and deserved it , very downbeat after that lacklustre display by what should be a far superior team that just looked (or did they) stay in the changing rooms.

LATE EDIT at least a very good late goal for Locadia but much too little too late

LATE LATE EDIT .... WOW didnt deserve it but GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL 2-2

You need to learn to type faster.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
pleased that we showed character and got through before the crucial 2 home games against the scummers and plucky. Lets face it we got away with it and it was a poor performance. If we play like that in the next 2 home games, we are going to be bang in trouble.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think what today’s game showed us , how little pace we have in midfield , Stephens , Propper and Kayal , are all so painfully slow and when you have Murray playing up front , you can see why we struggle to create chances , especially away from home , where our away form has been awful since we got promoted

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here