Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Millwall vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The 'least worst' when we scored from the cross? I'd say it was right up there with the worst worst.
OK - you are here for the full 30 minute argument so I'll bow out. But it really isn't a difficult concept - calling an offside that takes a freeze frame to prove is not a worse decision than missing obvious fouls in the box when you are 5 yards away. If you want to argue context then knock yourself out.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
My wife's words just before they took their last penalty. "Right it's time for visualisation. It's going to go over the bar"..... She hadn't even really been watching the match properly before that.

Was your wife the assistant referee?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How were they not being balanced?

They repeated multiple times all the incorrect decisions which VAR would have overturned. Janas even clearly stated that the ref seemed to favour Millwall!

Regarding who deserved to win, if you're being impartial, Millwall were better until our subs came on.

Didn't you mute the commentary?

From 5 to 90 minutes. Then the wnkfest over Millwall died off from the vaselined BBC duo.

Plenty of NSC comments about Pearce & Jenas bias to Millwall, throughout the game. Their dream of an underdogs win down the pan.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
OK - you are here for the full 30 minute argument so I'll bow out. But it really isn't a difficult concept - calling an offside that takes a freeze frame to prove is not a worse decision than missing obvious fouls in the box when you are 5 yards away. If you want to argue context then knock yourself out.

When people are losing an argument they tend to alter the context to divert from their initial statements.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just like post-war, a winning football manager gets to set the narrative. No acknowledge that we were comprehensively outplayed by Millwall throughout. Still, it's all good, TB, as a minimum, deserves a big Wembley day out for his investment.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
My son said "that's the bloke who fouled Murray, he'll miss!!".

Yeah, I was thinking that would be how you script a football match.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Glad to have won despite shocking reffing.

Brighton to win 2-0 in the semi and the final?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
From 5 to 90 minutes. Then the wnkfest over Millwall died off from the vaselined BBC duo.

Plenty of NSC comments about Pearce & Jenas bias to Millwall, throughout the game. Their dream of an underdogs win down the pan.

Hmmm, ok.

You don't think it's possible that you, as a Brighton fan, is biased?

I didn't feel there was any clear favouring of Millwall. Respect for the what they had done to come this far, and respect for the job they, as a Championship team, were doing on us - which is a worthy topic to talk about. That's about it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sian Massey is generally a brilliant lineswoman and so if she got it wrong, then I've no doubt it was a hard decision to make.

She really, really, really isn’t you know.

She is absolutely shocking, and would be officiating a hell of a lot lower than she is, if not for her gender.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here