Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Millwall vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Everyone was dead in line when the ball was struck.

A regulation call for any linesman.
You keep saying that but I have played it back and the only way you can say that is with the freeze frame. In real time, it was a static defence with an overlapping player at full tilt.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Does being drawn last mean we're playing on the Sunday?

Possibly more likely Saturday with City playing Spurs in the Champs League on the Tuesday after?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You keep saying that but I have played it back and the only way you can say that is with the freeze frame. In real time, it was a static defence with an overlapping player at full tilt.

You can watch it until you are blue in the face, the fact is it wasn't offside and the officials (not for the first time) called it wrong.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You can watch it until you are blue in the face, the fact is it wasn't offside and the officials (not for the first time) called it wrong.
I am not saying it was offside - I am saying it was the least worst of the decisions today. As I said on the other thread, calls like that which in real time are split second are one of the reasons VAR needs to come in to help officials. The other calls needed VAR to overturn abysmal officiating.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Of course, the real losers in this game were Tottenham who now have Crystal Palace as their first opponents in the new stadium.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My wife's words just before they took their last penalty. "Right it's time for visualisation. It's going to go over the bar"..... She hadn't even really been watching the match properly before that.
My son said "that's the bloke who fouled Murray, he'll miss!!".

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I am not saying it was offside - I am saying it was the least worst of the decisions today. As I said on the other thread, calls like that which in real time are split second are one of the reasons VAR needs to come in to help officials. The other calls needed VAR to overturn abysmal officiating.

The 'least worst' when we scored from the cross? I'd say it was right up there with the worst worst.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Lineker classy about us and our journey under CH. Take note Pearce/Jenas on how to be balanced.

How were they not being balanced?

They repeated multiple times all the incorrect decisions which VAR would have overturned. Janas even clearly stated that the ref seemed to favour Millwall!

Regarding who deserved to win, if you're being impartial, Millwall were better until our subs came on.

Didn't you mute the commentary?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports