Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] St Patrick's Day 2013

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What a day that was, can't believe it's 6 years ago already. We were superb - Spanish Dave's freekick was perfect, and our third was as good a team move as I can remember from us.

Of course, the same scoreline in our favour would do very nicely today.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Missed two of our goals emptying the copious amounts of lager I drank in Dicks bar at 1030 in the morning [emoji23]
I suspect you're not alone there, plenty of people seemed to disappear, either to do the same or to top up their levels, before we scored the first.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Was in the north stand that day , the guys next to me left before our first goal and did not return until after the 3rd goal

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Was in the north stand that day , the guys next to me left before our first goal and did not return until after the 3rd goal

Maybe you were sitting next to me, I had exactly the same experience

Anyway, what a day. Lets do it again 6 years on

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
St Patricks Day 1987, Brixton Academy, Stiff Little Fingers, blimey that was a long time ago now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What a day that was, can't believe it's 6 years ago already. We were superb - Spanish Dave's freekick was perfect, and our third was as good a team move as I can remember from us.

Of course, the same scoreline in our favour would do very nicely today.

A wonderful day....
A Sunday as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I suspect you're not alone there, plenty of people seemed to disappear, either to do the same or to top up their levels, before we scored the first.

Yep. My mate missed both of the first half goals owing to the fact st. Patrick's day is his birthday and he needed a top up (he already had enough if you ask me). While he was down there ulloa scored then Spanish Dave put that beauty in the net. I've never let him forget it either.
Mind you we was there last Saturday and this time he witnessed both goals.:drink:

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Yes it was great, and I'd have loved it even more if the electronic scoreboard could have said "Glad Ulloa" when he scored. (Yes I know in order for the reference to work you have to mis-pronounce his name).

However let's not forget they got their own back and then some a few months later by beating us in the play-offs in their successful promotion season. Ultimately that defeat was just a bit of collateral damage; and I bet if you'd asked the Palace fans at the start of that season "Defeat at Brighton but win promotion, or win at the Amex and stay down?" they'd all have gone for the first option - as would we if the positions were reversed.

That's why I'm SO glad they lost to Watford in the FA Cup. This season is now done and dusted as far as Brighton v Palace is concerned. Six points and we gave them two different footballing lessons. (How to totally outclass your opponents when you've only got 10 men, and how to let an impotent, limited attack huff and puff before hitting them with two great counter-attacking goals). There is now no chance of us slipping up against them in the Cup (yes, it could happen) and thus losing a large proportion of the season's bragging rights.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here