Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The New Zealand PM

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Just watching the live press conference. She's bloody good. Honest, sensible, caring and answering all the questions asked by the press. Not dodging anything with BULLSHIT platitudes.

Why can't we have politicians like that?

NZ accent is always funny but she's a ****ing diamond.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Just watching the live press conference. She's bloody good. Honest, sensible, caring and answering all the questions asked by the press. Not dodging anything with BULLSHIT platitudes.

You have got and had politicians like her in this country, in the same situation I’m more than certain Peter Kyle, Lucas or even Jo Cox would be the same.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Our politicians hold no power, which is why nothing ever changes.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Happy Exile

NSC Patreon
Apr 19, 2018
I think we do have politicians like that, just never in positions of influence unfortunately. One of the things that's become clear throughout the Brexit shambles is that those in influence who are always in the media never answer a question (May, Rees-Mogg, Johnson, Corbyn, Gove, Davis, Farage), are evasive and come across as thoroughly inept, while those in the back benches are often (not always, but often) straight talking and say what they think. Some even admit to not knowing the answers. This week after a couple of the votes there were some great interviews with MPs where they were entirely plain speaking. I didn't always agree with them and some are obviously way out of their depth, but it was striking because it's so unusual to hear someone be truthful and transparent in their opinion.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We were having the same discussion about Aussie politicians also. I think the reason she is so open and honest is that she isn't trying to sell poor policy. NZ seems to get a lot right and problems are met with common sense.

I am guessing that no NZ senators have been punching children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
We were having the same discussion about Aussie politicians also. I think the reason she is so open and honest is that she isn't trying to sell poor policy. NZ seems to get a lot right and problems are met with common sense.

I am guessing that no NZ senators have been punching children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NZ doesn't have an Upper House.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

Ah but she hasn't learnt to work things like 'In the National Interest' or 'Strong and stable leadership' into every interview.

Seriously though, I too have been impressed with her both during this tragic time and before. She is a leader with a human side and a credit to her nation.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Yes, she comes over well and speaks with passion, but she is not having to address a nation divided, unlike our politicians.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here