Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Where have they gone?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
In recent years, NSC has become populated with a new influx of outspoken posters. In that, NSC is just like so many other facets of western society, but there are certain events and figures that have empowered them. There has also been a large and secretive funding campaign behind the dissemination of such views. Hopefully most on here will be aware of just who is being referred to, but they've all of a sudden vacated this forum. This is because they're cowards. Perhaps they could be brave enough to step forward and show some contrition; perhaps they might want to repeat the tropes that they've been spreading on here in recent years.

But you reap what you sow. There's plenty of mods on here that have stepped forward and removed or banned certain posters. There is also a number of posters that have challenged their hate speech. They have been very prominent in using free speech arguments to facilitate their hate speech. What happened in Christchurch hasn't happened in isolation. We all need to reflect on the kind of society and the type of forum we want to inhabit.

OK.

Thanks for this. I hope you get better soon.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
In recent years, NSC has become populated with a new influx of outspoken posters. In that, NSC is just like so many other facets of western society, but there are certain events and figures that have empowered them. There has also been a large and secretive funding campaign behind the dissemination of such views. Hopefully most on here will be aware of just who is being referred to, but they've all of a sudden vacated this forum. This is because they're cowards. Perhaps they could be brave enough to step forward and show some contrition; perhaps they might want to repeat the tropes that they've been spreading on here in recent years.

But you reap what you sow. There's plenty of mods on here that have stepped forward and removed or banned certain posters. There is also a number of posters that have challenged their hate speech. They have been very prominent in using free speech arguments to facilitate their hate speech. What happened in Christchurch hasn't happened in isolation. We all need to reflect on the kind of society and the type of forum we want to inhabit.

If you read this in your head and imagine Alan Partridge speaking the words it’s hilarious.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If you read this in your head and imagine Alan Partridge speaking the words it’s hilarious.

I imagine it in a very thick Jamaican patois. The OP is clearly making some sort out statement. It's just not a sane one.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Ugh. Reeks of virtue signalling with a sprinkling of fascism, ironically.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Hmmm. Yes some people posted right-wing views on here. Most other posters would challenge those views, threads got locked and people got banned. Surely you're not suggesting though that posters such as bushy and looney were funded by shadowy right-wing organisations to post on here?

The whole 'free speech is the same as hate speech and must be curtailed' is an interesting argument of course (and pre-dates recent events), but I don't think NSC has ever been hijacked and used as a far-right recruiting tool.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
.....but I don't think NSC has ever been hijacked and used as a far-right recruiting tool.

Well I have to say I've never noticed any right wing propaganda on here. Really!

This can mean one of two things. I'm either heavily right wing myself, and haven't noticed (or noticed any money hitting my bank account) - or, the moderators are doing a very good job! I think this is a pretty tight ship from that aspect.

However, I am bribable and will be happy to sit with a copy of Mein Kampf in comfy chair for £125 per hour, plus VAT. No photographs though, and I'm not overly fussed about reading it if that's ok. ???

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Brilliant. The OP has proved a point but not the one he intended. :lolol:

I guess I could be one of the "certain posters" you describe, and giving a big shout out to the mod who keeps removing me from threads and suspending me. Yep we know the one!

My honest opinion is for free but if I can earn from it too, please can you give me your contact?

As far as hate speech goes I have never witnessed any of NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here