Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How evolved are you?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you still have your claw retractor muscles?

Can you still 'prick up your ears'?

As per the most recent No Such Thing As A Fish podcast (audio QI) 17 minutes in https://www.nosuchthingasafish.com/

When making a fist or touching your thumb to you 4th finger if one (or in my case 2) tendons appear you haven't evolved past retracting your claws.

It's not all bad news for me, as I can't wiggle my ears.

If you can waggle your ears, you still have the muscles your ancestors required to prick up their ears as a response to potential danger.
In fairness we all still have the muscles and they are still stimulated by noise but if you can't waggle your ears then you are further evolved than those that can.

Also this isn't the 'evolution of man'

shutterstock_550488199.jpg

As they all cohabited - mind blown.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

As per the most recent No Such Thing As A Fish podcast (audio QI) 17 minutes in https://www.nosuchthingasafish.com/

When making a fist or touching your thumb to you 4th finger if one (or in my case 2) tendons appear you haven't evolved past retracting your claws.

If you can waggle your ears, you still have the muscles your ancestors required to prick up their ears as a response to potential danger.
In fairness we all still have the muscles and they are still stimulated by noise but if you can't waggle your ears then you are further evolved than those that can.

View attachment 105904

My ears do prick up on their own when I hear unexpected noise. But I can’t wiggle them at will. What do I win?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You are worryingly into the meaning of life and related things at the moment I fear Stat, that way lies madness

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are worryingly into the meaning of life at the moment I fear Stat, that way lies madness

The 'evolution' picture fact might have come from Dr Alice Roberts which probably undercuts any pseudo intellect on my part.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

View attachment 105904

Is that Two Professors in last place?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I have big claws and very bitey teeth

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

View attachment 105904

n,n,n,n,n.

Hang on the 3rd one is the bloke from New York isn’t it?

n,n,y,n,n

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

View attachment 105904

From left to right.
Millwall fan, Palace fan, Leeds fan, Sheffield Wednesday fan, Brighton and Hove Albion fan.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
What the hell is the Leeds fan carrying, then... and is the Sheffield Wednesday fan going to get a 'massive' unlubricated surprise? :eek:

Secondly, why has the massive fan stuck a great big stick in his thigh?

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What the hell is the Leeds fan carrying, then... and is the Sheffield Wednesday fan going to get a 'massive' unlubricated surprise? :eek:

Secondly, why has the massive fan stuck a great big stick in his thigh?

The Leeds fan is about to commit some knife crime.
The massive fan whilst thinking he is hard, mouthy and cocky, is in fact a Morris dancer.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The 'evolution' picture fact might have come from Dr Alice Roberts which probably undercuts any pseudo intellect on my part.

In other words you'd like to get all caveman with said Dr Alice Roberts ? And who would blame you !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In other words you'd like to get all caveman with said Dr Alice Roberts ? And who would blame you !

In fairness Dr Alice's reputation is likely to remain unsullied by the encounter.
I'd be amazed if I'd be able to even undo my belt, in time.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
pretty sure primates do not have retractable claws, so the tendon thing is dubious.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
shutterstock_550488199.jpg

That's my evolution map from my upbringing.

1. Starting to support the Albion.
2. Evolution initiation of the original north stand!
3. Joining RAF.
4. Joining civvy street.
5. Having the correct IQ to join NSC :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here