Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] South Bermondsey train station

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hi,

Coming from East Croydon, is it straight forward at South Bermondsey station to join away fans in the fenced walk to The Den? And in reverse after the match?

(Next being au fait with the match arrangements at the station, I didn’t know whether they try and herd all away fans to/from London Bridge).

Cheers.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
There are only 2 (train) platforms both accessed from the same (standing) platform (if that makes sense?). So I can’t see any problem.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
(Next being au fait with the match arrangements at the station, I didn’t know whether they try and herd all away fans to/from London Bridge).

Reminds me of the FA Cup match at Peterborough in '86. I was based at RAF Cranwell at the time and after the match the police tried to force me onto a London bound train as I was obviously among all the Brighton fans, but I wanted to go north. Took a 10 minute row and the production of my RAF ID card to convince them to let me go.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reminds me of the FA Cup match at Peterborough in '86. I was based at RAF Cranwell at the time and after the match the police tried to force me onto a London bound train as I was obviously among all the Brighton fans, but I wanted to go north. Took a 10 minute row and the production of my RAF ID card to convince them to let me go.

That’s exactly the sort of rigidity I envisaged. Going by Albion fans who live in London, being forced the wrong way post Selhurst matches.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Must be a Peterborough thing as one league game, I was marched to the station despite having driven. I had to sneak off when I got to the station and double back to my car.

el punal

When we played at Watford in the 5th round of the cup in 1984 I’d parked up close to Vicarage Road itself, in one of the side streets. As we were trying to leave the ground a copper “insisted” that we exit the ground, with all the away fans, through those bloody allotments. It took ages to get back to the car as we had no idea of the local geography. I suppose, in hindsight, that’s the way it was at football in the 1980s if you were a fan you were shit. You were treated like shit. Anything you did was shit. No wonder that the lowest attendances in football occurred around that time - not long after we had the worst disasters in football with Heysel, Bradford and Hillsborough all within five years.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
That’s exactly the sort of rigidity I envisaged. Going by Albion fans who live in London, being forced the wrong way post Selhurst matches.

I’ve never experienced that. I live in Lewisham and have always managed to get a train back towards New Cross Gate after Palace games.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Whats lewisham like nowdays ? Got a mate who left about 4 years ago, she said it was like living in a war zone.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
It shouldn't be a problem - been to the New Den several times.

We will stay behind for a short while to let the home fans disperse, then go through the protected route to the station. This is an island platform so you can travel in either direction. 4 minutes to London Bridge.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It shouldn't be a problem - been to the New Den several times.

We will stay behind for a short while to let the home fans disperse, then go through the protected route to the station. This is an island platform so you can travel in either direction. 4 minutes to London Bridge.

Well I hope it is a short time. Was a good half hour last time I went there.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Does anyone know if you have to queue at London Bridge (like Brighton on match days) or can you get on first train along?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Does anyone know if you have to queue at London Bridge (like Brighton on match days) or can you get on first train along?

Never queued just got on first available train

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
South Bermondsey RAILWAY station!!!!!

I;m very much with you on this, but I fear the war is lost.

I'm sorry, I had to log on just to disagree with you. It's the trains that are stationed at a train station. The railway does not move, therefore it cannot possibly be a 'railway' station when it is the trains that are stopping at the station.

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
Hi,

Coming from East Croydon, is it straight forward at South Bermondsey station to join away fans in the fenced walk to The Den? And in reverse after the match?

Cheers.

Very easy. We are coming from east Croydon. About 30 mins train time then off and straight into away fans walkway. Just do same in reverse at end.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here