Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Formula 1 2019

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
It’s obviously likely to be a two horse race (at best) this season and until the next major rule changes. But by “any time soon” I was talking about the context of a top driver’s stint at one team, i.e. around five years. If you look at the next five years I would say there are only four teams (the four with their own engines) that can win. Renault might not seem the favourites right now, but when the rules change in 2021 they have a chance just like Mercedes did in 2014.

Ricciardo made sure that he only signed for 2 years with Renault - which means he's a free agent again for the new rules. Having said that, pretty much *all* the top drivers have engineered their contracts to expire at the end of 2020. All of which has struck me as just a little bit daft actually ... as they won't know until 2021 actually starts which team(s) have got the new rules right and which have blown it. They should have all signed with current teams through the end of 2021, and *then* had a big fight over who would get the choice seats.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
With all the young talent coming through there is no guarantee the big guns will look at Riccardo in a couple of years, especially if things don't go well at Renault.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
With all the young talent coming through there is no guarantee the big guns will look at Riccardo in a couple of years, especially if things don't go well at Renault.

Absolutely - he needs to beat the Hulk, and do it convincingly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Leclerc must be in a dreamland driving this Ferrari.

Impressed with McLaren!

Shame for him he’s going to be no 2 and making way for Vettel during races

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Shame for him he’s going to be no 2 and making way for Vettel during races

Perhaps they might prefer Leclerc to win?When is Seb's contract up for renewal?Bet he's on a huge multiple of the youngsters wages.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No team orders there....Vettel showing his experience

Vettel makes so many mistakes when Hamilton pushes him, love it.

Great race and if I wasn’t a Hamilton fan I’d be gutted for Le Clerc

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Only just found out. How funny, before the start Ferrari were lauded as incredible.

Le Clerc drove a brilliant race, he certainly appears to have Vettel worried.

That race was two fingers up to those that call F1 a boring snoozefest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here